Thank God Nintendo isn't THAT stupid

#11quickposterPosted 2/6/2013 2:01:31 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
It may not completely kill off those consoles but the backlash would be significant enough to where it wouldn't be a good move for Sony or Microsoft.

I seriously think it would kill them. Part of the reason people aren't buying Vita is because of the memory cards. Some people can understand developers and why they would want this but they also know when they are being taken for a ride.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#12Marcster1994Posted 2/6/2013 2:05:23 PM
For Steam, If your connection goes out playing a Single Player game, you can still play it.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EnglishLanguage/
#13NarutoPosted 2/6/2013 2:16:05 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
All of the stores that offer rentals and hanging the largest gaming retail store (Gamestop) out to dry as well? Doesn't bode well.

Physical rentals are dead. GameStop is on the decline as well. They're closing stores and apparently let go of their store opening coordinators.
#14EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/6/2013 2:21:15 PM
Naruto posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
All of the stores that offer rentals and hanging the largest gaming retail store (Gamestop) out to dry as well? Doesn't bode well.

Physical rentals are dead. GameStop is on the decline as well. They're closing stores and apparently let go of their store opening coordinators.

Gamestop is still the largest gaming retail store there's still a number of major retailers who offer used games (Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart, FYE, etc).
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!
#15Aaron44126Posted 2/6/2013 2:25:28 PM
You can bet that if MS/Sony do this and it works out OK that Nintendo will hop on for the next generation. If it doesn't work out OK, well then, we'll know it's a bad idea. :-P

Though really, how many more generations do you really expect before consoles go all-digital?
#16NarutoPosted 2/6/2013 2:28:47 PM
Is Blockbuster still the leader in the rental business? Closing down their little used games section isn't going to hurt those other retailers. Then again, Best Buy isn't doing well either so they're probably going to be on the out as well.
#17_Sovereign_Posted 2/6/2013 3:18:33 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Muryo posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Hasn't stopped people from playing PC games.

Diablo 3 says hi. :p

Let me rephrase that.

Hasn't stopped people from buying PC games.

There are significantly more copies sold on consoles when compared to their cheaper, PC equivalent because of that fact.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#18mjc0961Posted 2/6/2013 3:21:08 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Hasn't stopped people from playing PC games.

It's stopped me from playing the ones that require constant connections.

(This just in, Steam has an offline mode, I've had to use it many times and it works just fine thank you very much)
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#19mjc0961Posted 2/6/2013 3:24:34 PM
quickposter posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
It may not completely kill off those consoles but the backlash would be significant enough to where it wouldn't be a good move for Sony or Microsoft.

I seriously think it would kill them. Part of the reason people aren't buying Vita is because of the memory cards. Some people can understand developers and why they would want this but they also know when they are being taken for a ride.

I seriously think it would kill Sony. Microsoft has enough bank from other products (hello Windows) to survive. But Sony's other business are only a drain on them as well, because much like with the Playstation Brand, they think they can do whatever they want in other areas like TVs and phones and people will buy it just because it says Sony on it. Got a newsflash for you Sony, you are not Apple. You can't just slap your name on something, massively overcharge for it, and make tons of cash.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#20NightDrifter05Posted 2/6/2013 3:26:47 PM
AaronPHughes posted...
I disagree with many things the Wii U has done (lack of online, no games, VC fees) but requiring a constant connection and one time use codes to play games is grounds to NOT buy a system. I know it is a rumor but if this turns out to be true for PS4 or Xbox720, I will not buy either of those.

The requiring a constant online connection will not happen on console for another 10+ years guaranteed since something like 48% of the US is still using dial up or some form of satellite internet that isn't able to connect to a console. The used game's will be nothing more then how it is for current online pass title's. You will still be able to buy and play used game's but you'll have to buy a pass to allow it. Do you want to know what's going to come with that? Gamestop will offer slightly less for trade in's and will package all used game's with a voucher code to be able to play it and still sell for the same price point as current used games.