how would you feel if the PS4 is announced to be 399$

#31ThaPrinceRazielPosted 2/6/2013 5:48:30 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
I don't see why anybody would say they feel ripped off by something's price. You don't have to buy it.

As for my answer, no, I wouldn't. I'd seriously question their logic at such a suicidal move. They already made the Vita "not profitable for three years" why would they also do that with a console?

hey if i buy a product for the same price that i could get for a similar product that is 5x more powerful, i would feel kinda ripped off

The point is you didn't have to buy both things. And power means nothing in the long run anyway.

Also, the Wii U is sold at a loss. It isn't overpriced.

So... The PS3 wasn't overpriced then?
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#32SegavsCapcomPosted 2/6/2013 5:49:45 PM
$400 for a console 5x more powerful than the Wii U is a steal.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#33ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 5:54:02 PM
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
I don't see why anybody would say they feel ripped off by something's price. You don't have to buy it.

As for my answer, no, I wouldn't. I'd seriously question their logic at such a suicidal move. They already made the Vita "not profitable for three years" why would they also do that with a console?

hey if i buy a product for the same price that i could get for a similar product that is 5x more powerful, i would feel kinda ripped off

The point is you didn't have to buy both things. And power means nothing in the long run anyway.

Technically speaking, no. It was, I suppose you could say, "overpowered," but to be honest it was a good decision in the long run, as the PS3 had a ton of staying power. It has surpassed the 360 IMO.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#34IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/6/2013 5:56:01 PM
PS3 is most likely going to outsell the Wii by the end of this generation. Sony made a long term investment, something Nintendo fanboys don't seem to understand for whatever reason.
#35Genericgamer667Posted 2/6/2013 5:57:18 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

Technically speaking, no. It was, I suppose you could say, "overpowered," but to be honest it was a good decision in the long run, as the PS3 had a ton of staying power. It has surpassed the 360 IMO.

I hope you aren't referring to the way Sony handled the ps3. It has brought them nothing but trouble in the long run
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#36vidalmorazaPosted 2/6/2013 5:58:09 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
PS3 is most likely going to outsell the Wii by the end of this generation. Sony made a long term investment, something Nintendo fanboys don't seem to understand for whatever reason.

But with a loss, Sony gets money from software, not hardware, thatīs why in the Game Cube gen the PS2 was the most sold, but the Cube was the one with the profit....

Fanboys just see the numbers, not the money they bring, is an e-peen
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#37ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 6:00:11 PM

Well, they convinced my fanboy ass to buy a PS3, so they must have been doing something right.

The Wii was more of a, "make a ton of money right nao" thing, but it burned out while the PS3 got stronger.

Still, games. Games are fun. Console wars are not.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#38PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 6:01:33 PM
darkjedilink posted...

No, the PS3 is NOT profitable. It's currently selling at a loss due to all the retooling required for the Super Slim. Even if it was profiting now, it's still caused tens of billions of dollars in losses since R&D began, that they are nowhere near recovering. Considering Sony's currently selling more systems than ever, there's no reason to drop the price, and tens of billions of reasons not to.

Each unit sold is making Sony money over production cost at wholesale prices, and it isn't just a few dollars like it was with the slim. Sony will never make back the billions they lost with the PS3, it drained all the PS1&2 profits in 3 short years, but they have a positive flow of money now, something that they never had before with the PS3.

The whole reason the price went up instead of down with the super slim was the difficulties in moving the RSX to 22nm on a large scale. Once that happens a price drop will follow.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#39blm03vPosted 2/6/2013 6:02:06 PM

Wiis are still selling, so that gap won't be closing as quickly as you may think.
#40SkyCrackersPosted 2/6/2013 6:02:11 PM
I could see the PS4, with the rumored specs, going for around $400. Sony would probably take a loss, but not nearly as bad as the PS3. Now, I don't own a Wii U, but if I had bought one, I wouldn't feel ripped off in the slightest. I would have bought it knowing full well the console wouldn't be a powerhouse and would be outclassed by the next Xbox and PS, and knowing that the main value of the console is in its exclusive games and unique controller. Besides, Nintendo is actually taking a somewhat hefty loss on the Wii U, so there are no grounds to complain.

Luckily, I chose to hold out on buying a Wii U, so I can wait for a price drop while I finish up all the games I wanted to play but never did this gen.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.