Horn Of Death

#1knob1701Posted 2/6/2013 5:29:11 PM
Has anybody had their system freeze and make a loud horn sound? I had to unplug the damn thing. I hope this is not a bad sign of things to come for my Wii U. I have had no problems since the launch.
#2HeaderHogPosted 2/6/2013 5:40:03 PM
No, mine's never done that.
Perhaps yours just felt suicidal and decided it wanted to be a vuvuzela instead.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#3KroganBallEaterPosted 2/6/2013 5:45:53 PM
I think that's happened to my Wii before, but not my Wii U.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to stick a stick of rhubarb up her ass.
#4PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 6:28:47 PM
I had that happen with several systems, something to do with a sound getting stuck when the system crashes in the cases I have seen. Just reset it and move on.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#5Pkshootout13Posted 2/6/2013 6:50:16 PM
I've had it happen twice i believe while on hulu. No big deal. Just unplug and plug back in
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
RAVENS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!
#6STN79Posted 2/6/2013 6:58:47 PM
I've had that happen with practically every disc based Videogame system. The ones that use carts would just get screwed up symbols or weird numbers popping on screen. It's never flat out killed my system though. A simple reset and everything's back to normal.
#7hrodwulfPosted 2/6/2013 8:48:46 PM
Yes. Happened to me on Nintendo Land several times but seems it was fixed in a patch. It has happened to me 3 times on the YouTube app. And that's it.

Annoying when it happens but not too frequent to panic... yet.
#8SocranPosted 2/6/2013 9:05:23 PM
The WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH is actually the Wii U's standard sound to make during a freeze. Every console freezes at some point, especially with launch games, but I do admit that the Wii U's way of handling it is... a bit more annoying than most. Having to unplug the system rather than any other "emergency off" button is also a bit of a pain.

That said, I have had games on other systems freeze while in the middle of playing a sound effect and just infinitely repeat that sound. Certain instances of that have been far more annoying than the Wii U's, but at least they didn't happen every time...
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."