Do you think Nintendo will release an update to the Wii U to block used games?

#1SolnotPosted 2/6/2013 8:21:56 PM
Do you guys think Nintendo will release an update to the Wii U to block used games, like what Microsoft and Sony are planning to do for their next gen systems? - Results (154 votes)
Yes, Nintendo will likely update the Wii U to block used games, since they get no money from used game sales
4.55% (7 votes)
No, Nintendo would never do such a thing, even if Microsoft and Sony decide to block used games on their systems
95.45% (147 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If the rumours about no used games on the PS4 and Xbox 720 are true, do you guys think Nintendo will release an update that ends up blocking used games on the Wii U as well?
#2PSOLavisPosted 2/6/2013 8:28:05 PM
It would never happen, just like it would never happen on any other console. That would be suicide for any company to do, they would basically be saying "pc, we're not even going to try anymore"
#3DynheartPosted 2/6/2013 8:32:30 PM(edited)
No. Nintendo was confronted awhile ago when this rumor surfaced before the Wii U released.

They basically said they support the 2nd hand market, and what ever Sony and Microsoft do is none of their business. AKA...Nintendo will be Nintendo.

I don't see them saying that, then going back on their word.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#4darkjedilinkPosted 2/6/2013 8:32:56 PM
Nintendo has no reason to. Their first- and second-party games generally sell very well, to the point that they don't much care about used gaming. As such, any pressure for such a measure would come from third-party developers and publishers.

Nintendo's never really given in to such pressure before, and they would have no reason to in this case.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#5smashmastermiiPosted 2/6/2013 8:35:16 PM
Definitely not i dont think Nintendo would ever do that honestly.... which is a good thing.
#6RetroFanGirlPosted 2/6/2013 9:06:18 PM
I doubt Nintendo cares, since their first party titles sell really well anyways.
---
Hi.
#7dennis941012Posted 2/6/2013 9:17:47 PM
not nintendo
360 and PS3 was sold at loss and everythign was dependent on softwares for it
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#81918mePosted 2/6/2013 9:28:21 PM
No, I don't think Nintendo would ever do that. Hell, I doubt Sony or Microsoft would do it either, because if they do, the backlash from consumers/retailers would be astronomical.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre
#9thanthenPosted 2/6/2013 9:29:29 PM
who cares, nintendo got no games
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#10BreakerPosted 2/6/2013 9:30:56 PM
They wouldn't do that. It would greatly upset all the people who bought the system and can't take it online.
---
This is the way the world ends.