Do you think Nintendo will release an update to the Wii U to block used games?

#11UmitenchoPosted 2/6/2013 9:41:56 PM
If Sony and MS were dumb enough to do what the rumors say then Nintendo would be smart to not do such an update as it will push the used game fanbases of MS and Sony to not only pc gaming but the WiiU as well. It could turn the WiiU into another Wii in terms of sales if MS and Sony do block used gaming.
#12_Sovereign_Posted 2/6/2013 9:55:42 PM
I don't think so, plus now that I think about it, when I used to shop at GS I could never find many 1st party Nintendo games used.....and if I did, it would only be 1 or 2 copies as opposed to a mountain of God of War, or Halo ( just examples).
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#13silverbulltPosted 2/6/2013 9:57:07 PM
OFC they will.

Thats what the NFC incoming update is all about.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/6/2013 9:58:23 PM
Both answers are false.
Nintendo isn't likely to update the Wii U to do that(they probably can't if they wanted to), but if the market shifts towards that as a standard, Nintendo will follow suit.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
a high end card gets bg3 1080p maxed around 200fps ~The Q on BF3.
#15Thunderbird8Posted 2/7/2013 12:14:23 AM
One wonders how much effort such an update would take, and whether or not it would actually be worth the effort to do so :P.
#16quickposterPosted 2/7/2013 1:57:02 AM
No. If they would have they would have done it on release. Nintendo aren't that stupid.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#17Chocobo115Posted 2/7/2013 1:59:03 AM
They are too lazy to update their consoles :/
I'd really like to see a console with bigger Harddrive before I go and buy a Wii U, but I doubt that happens. And no I don't want to use an external Harddrive...
#18elheberPosted 2/7/2013 2:14:38 AM
Such a thing can't realistically be done with a firmware update. Sony's rumored to have special chips within their game discs which "register" only to a single system. The only way Nintendo could pull something like blocking used games with a firmware update is if they force games to not play when not connected to the internet. I don't even think Microsoft has the balls to pull that s***, rumors aside.

Nintendo would simply build it into their next console instead.

Verdict: Nintendo blocking used games via firmware update is not happening.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#19GencoilPosted 2/7/2013 2:22:25 AM
That would **** off a lot of customers. Not a smart move.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil