Miiverse downgraded today.

#1Gage59Posted 2/6/2013 7:49:24 PM
Sorry if this has been covered but I was at work and just got the news. I actually liked it, I feel they shouldn't have so many restrictions so soon in the consoles life why not just create settings so users have a choice in the matter.

I think the biggest complaint is people were posting about earthbound in balloon fight which is off topic but why go all adolph on us and just make a board for off topic threads and drawings.

miiverse is at a weak state its not been around long I feel like we pissed off nintendo and their trying to be our daddy. Lol
---
Nintendo ID: Infinitybit_KZ
Currently playing: Ninja Gaiden 3 RE
#2Wiiplayer111Posted 2/6/2013 7:51:05 PM
I think people around here are so used to being modless they don't know what good moderators look like anymore.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#3Virus66Posted 2/6/2013 7:58:28 PM
To be fair, if I'm on a Balloon Fight community, I really only want there to be Balloon Fight stuff. I'm on there to look at high scores, see the drawings for the game or talk about possible futures for the title. There is no point in having dedicated communities any more if they allow you to talk about anything and everything where ever you want.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 7:59:16 PM
- Receive updates directly from Nintendo
- These will be shown in a dedicated Miiverse community (can be accessed through User Menu)
- Nintendo will make announcements about changes to the service
- Tom (NOA) and Marty (NoE) will explain what to expect in Miiverse
- First update from Tom/Marty: talk about changes to the notification system
- Will receive messages when someone has decided to follow you
- After commenting on someoneís post, you will no longer get notifications from people who arenít the original poster
- Can only post once every five minutes now
- Changes made to the Code of Conduct (ďBy Gamers, About GamesĒ section)
- Nintendo doesnít want off-topic posts any longer, donít condone openly asking for friend requests or pushing for agreement on a certain topic

Ugh. Way to ruin a great thing, Nintendo.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5Gage59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:02:31 PM
I agree but to some extent I see why people were pissed their wasn't a proper miiverse board for them and japan is getting earthbound like a slap in the face. I would love a remake or just a release here in the states.
---
#6geneticsftwPosted 2/6/2013 8:06:06 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
I think people around here are so used to being modless they don't know what good moderators look like anymore.

Agreed
---
Sweet
#7Gage59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:10:12 PM
I agree but this being the example of mod less I think nintendo went overboard and could have met somewhere in the middle.
---
#8LUlGIPosted 2/6/2013 8:12:11 PM

Sounds kinda dumb

- After commenting on someoneís post, you will no longer get notifications from people who arenít the original poster

ehhhh....It's annoying when you post on a REALLY popular post, but it's pretty tame otherwise.
I guess this is okay.

That's pretty dumb, but it's not like I post more than twice in a 5 minute span anyway.
But does that include commenting on my own drawings to respond to people? Cause that sounds dumb.
#9Sakura_RailgunPosted 2/6/2013 8:52:54 PM
The notifications when someone comments on something you commented on being removed is pretty annoying. How are you supposed to have a discussion if you dont get notified when someone other than the OP replies? I ain't gonna go searching through 200 posts to see if any one replied to me. It should be an option. Follow a post, just like you follow a person, or just have it be a global option in the settings.

Other than that I'm fine with the changes. There is really no need to post more than once every 5 minutes unless you are just trying to pump out crappy drawings.

I'd like to see increased character limits, and off topic/general communities though. Also it's nice to see Tom from Myspace getting some work ;)
#10mini_blightPosted 2/6/2013 8:56:54 PM
Hejiru posted...
- Receive updates directly from Nintendo
- These will be shown in a dedicated Miiverse community (can be accessed through User Menu)
- Nintendo will make announcements about changes to the service
- Tom (NOA) and Marty (NoE) will explain what to expect in Miiverse
- First update from Tom/Marty: talk about changes to the notification system
- Changes made to the Code of Conduct (ďBy Gamers, About GamesĒ section)
- Nintendo doesnít want off-topic posts any longer, donít condone openly asking for friend requests or pushing for agreement on a certain topic

Ugh. Way to ruin a great thing, Nintendo.

Trolls abuse the system. Nintendo reacts. Shocking!