Miiverse downgraded today.

#11KayubePosted 2/6/2013 10:04:36 PM
The 5 minute limit only applies to first posts, you can reply indefinitely to one post.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#12arcticfox14Posted 2/6/2013 10:11:50 PM(edited)
I think the real issue here is people's perceptions. Miiverse was never supposed to be Nintendo's Facebook, where people can post about whatever they want. It was always supposed to be game-specific discussion and help.

The crackdowns on off-topic posts only encourage it to be used as it's intended, rather than as parts of the community want. Whether or not this is an effective strategy to encourage its use is an entirely different argument.

Overall, I think all but one change is an improvement; making it more difficult to hold conversations with users who aren't a post's OP was a mistake.
---
SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/arcticfox14
TF2 server 98.215.57.5, CE Official Server!
#13Sakura_RailgunPosted 2/6/2013 10:13:51 PM
arcticfox14 posted...
Miiverse was never supposed to be Nintendo's Facebook, where people can post about whatever they want. It was always supposed to be game-specific discussion and help.

If that was the case then they shouldn't have communities for Youtube. They shouldn't be promoting peoples drawings in their Nintendo Directs. They wouldn't be bringing the Miiverse to non-Nintendo platforms where you can't even play the games in question. Etc etc.

Come on, Miiverse is supposed to be a community where you post and have fun. It isn't supposed to be solely for getting help and stuff.
#14HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 10:18:26 PM
Oh wait, so the 5 minute thing doesn't apply to commenting on other peoples' posts? That's not so bad, then. I mean heck, if it only applies to you yourself posting a new "topic" I think I've only done like 3 or 4 since launch. I don't think I'd be posting new messages of my own every 5 days, much less 5 minutes.

[quote]pushing for agreement on a certain topic[/quote]

What exactly does that mean...?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#15xoftheuniversePosted 2/6/2013 10:48:28 PM
Where do you see the 5 minute thing?
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#16Rasputin77Posted 2/7/2013 6:32:00 AM
Damn am I glad I avoid Miiverse like the plague... sounds f***ing awful.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#17SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/9/2013 7:39:28 AM
mini_blight posted...
Hejiru posted...
- Receive updates directly from Nintendo
- These will be shown in a dedicated Miiverse community (can be accessed through User Menu)
- Nintendo will make announcements about changes to the service
- Tom (NOA) and Marty (NoE) will explain what to expect in Miiverse
- First update from Tom/Marty: talk about changes to the notification system
- Will receive messages when someone has decided to follow you
- After commenting on someone’s post, you will no longer get notifications from people who aren’t the original poster
- Can only post once every five minutes now
- Changes made to the Code of Conduct (“By Gamers, About Games” section)
- Nintendo doesn’t want off-topic posts any longer, don’t condone openly asking for friend requests or pushing for agreement on a certain topic

Ugh. Way to ruin a great thing, Nintendo.

Trolls abuse the system. Nintendo reacts. Shocking!

What trolls? The fanboys that rushed to buy a rushed system and want to actually use it to communicate are "trolls" now? God, learn a new word to use in your pathetic defense of jackboot restrictions.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.