Nintendo fans: Do you have more respect for Sony or Microsoft as a competitor?

#1SolnotPosted 2/6/2013 10:15:04 PM
Nintendo fans: Do you have more respect for Sony or Microsoft as a competitor? - Results (573 votes)
I have more respect for Sony as a competitor to Nintendo
70.16% (402 votes)
I have more respect for Microsoft as a competitor to Nintendo
17.45% (100 votes)
I don't care about either Sony or Microsoft
12.39% (71 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In general, if you are primarily a fan of Nintendo and the Wii and Wii U, which other company, their systems, and their games do you still have respect for as a competitor to Nintendo, even if you may or may not have owned one of their consoles in the past or during the current generation?
#2ArturiaZweiPosted 2/6/2013 10:19:24 PM
With Microsoft's blocking of used games and reliance on internet connections, I've pretty much decided against them this generation.

I will either go Nintendo/PC or Nintendo/Ps4
#3FlyinTonitePosted 2/6/2013 10:20:57 PM
Sony has good exclusives, so I can respect them for having plenty of different types of games to play. 360 has no real exclusives outside of halo, gears and forza.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#4dennis941012Posted 2/6/2013 10:31:39 PM
Sony has good exclusives, so I can respect them for having plenty of different types of games to play. 360 has no real exclusives outside of halo, gears and forza.

---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/6/2013 10:33:22 PM
ArturiaZwei posted...
With Microsoft's blocking of used games and reliance on internet connections, I've pretty much decided against them this generation.

So your reasoning is due to the Xbox possibly not allowing used games and reliance on an internet connection you quite possibly choose a PC which been doing that for years? "Internet Connection and no used games"
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#6BuretsuPosted 2/6/2013 10:34:43 PM
FlyinTonite posted...

Pretty much this. Sony Console + Nintendo Console (+ decent PC) = Set for an entire generation of gaming.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7BuretsuPosted 2/6/2013 10:37:39 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

So your reasoning is due to the Xbox possibly not allowing used games and reliance on an internet connection you quite possibly choose a PC which been doing that for years? "Internet Connection and no used games"

Since when does PC require an always-on internet connection? Barring specific games like Diablo 3, that is.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#8VanderZooPosted 2/6/2013 10:37:55 PM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

Since when does PC require an always-on internet connection?

Some games do, Diablo III.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#9KroganBallEaterPosted 2/6/2013 10:38:43 PM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

Since when does PC require an always-on internet connection? Barring specific games like Diablo 3, that is.

since when is it confirmed that it'll have always online DRM and no used games? If I remember there was a patent from SONY for no used games. Nothing of the sorts from Microsoft has been confirmed.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to stick a stick of rhubarb up her ass.
#10ArturiaZweiPosted 2/6/2013 10:40:46 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

What would even be the point of buying Microsoft at that rate. They can't compete with Steam prices so PC would easily be the best way to go. I'm considering Steambox, given what I've heard.

My PC isn't frequently connected to the internet, they sell used PC games at our game store, my PC isn't going to be on all the time and I can play games my friends bring over on my computer.