Nintendo fans: Do you have more respect for Sony or Microsoft as a competitor?

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/6/2013 11:41:25 PM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...
With Microsoft's blocking of used games and reliance on internet connections, I've pretty much decided against them this generation.

I will either go Nintendo/PC or Nintendo/Ps4

So your reasoning is due to the Xbox possibly not allowing used games and reliance on an internet connection you quite possibly choose a PC which been doing that for years? "Internet Connection and no used games"

Since when does PC require an always-on internet connection? Barring specific games like Diablo 3, that is.

all Steam games for one, it's offline mode works sometimes.

Ubisoft use to require an active internet connection but they changed it recently.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#12STN79Posted 2/6/2013 11:42:41 PM
Sony's got alot of good games i'll admit that. Nintendo is my first company but i wouldn't want to give up what Sony has to offer. If one day Sony and Nintendo finally joined forces it would be the ultimate in gaming bliss. Microsoft can take a flying leap off a cliff for all i care.
#13JMC611Posted 2/6/2013 11:43:27 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...
With Microsoft's blocking of used games and reliance on internet connections, I've pretty much decided against them this generation.

So your reasoning is due to the Xbox possibly not allowing used games and reliance on an internet connection you quite possibly choose a PC which been doing that for years? "Internet Connection and no used games"

Well the thing is, with steam and most online game distribution services on PC, they have sales for games all the time, usually offering them for dirt cheap prices and has a wider acess to FTP games as apposed to consoles which has vertually no FTP games on them. This pretty much negates the used game argument as during these sales, you can probably get the game cheaper than if you would buying the game used and the devs/publisher still get payed.

As for the always on internet connection, there are ways to play games on steam off-line but from what I've heard, they're pretty complicated.
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/6/2013 11:44:45 PM
ArturiaZwei posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

What would even be the point of buying Microsoft at that rate. They can't compete with Steam prices so PC would easily be the best way to go. I'm considering Steambox, given what I've heard.

My PC isn't frequently connected to the internet, they sell used PC games at our game store, my PC isn't going to be on all the time and I can play games my friends bring over on my computer.

they sell used pc games at your game store? Which games? Somethingfrom the 90s? Most games now are Steam, Origin, U Play etc activated, which means the key .. once used is tied to an account forever
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#15GoldenJoe24Posted 2/6/2013 11:46:20 PM
Neither, since neither one has managed to sell me a system since the PS2 (courtesy of DDR). Don't get me wrong - I'd LOVE an excuse to buy a vita, and Xbox has some great arcade games, but neither company delivers on the games for me. All that violence and realism and trying way too hard to be serious turns me off. I just want to have fun.
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/6/2013 11:46:36 PM
JMC611 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

Well the thing is, with steam and most online game distribution services on PC, they have sales for games all the time, usually offering them for dirt cheap prices and has a wider acess to FTP games as apposed to consoles which has vertually no FTP games on them. This pretty much negates the used game argument as during these sales, you can probably get the game cheaper than if you would buying the game used and the devs/publisher still get payed.

As for the always on internet connection, there are ways to play games on steam off-line but from what I've heard, they're pretty complicated.

I agree, Steam has great sales.I PC game mainly anyway so I'm use to DRM and could careless about used games

IF the Xbox did have no used games, that would actually allow similar type sales since the developers and publishers would not lose money to used game sales, thus allowing such sales
---
#17ArturiaZweiPosted 2/6/2013 11:50:21 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

What would even be the point of buying Microsoft at that rate. They can't compete with Steam prices so PC would easily be the best way to go. I'm considering Steambox, given what I've heard.

My PC isn't frequently connected to the internet, they sell used PC games at our game store, my PC isn't going to be on all the time and I can play games my friends bring over on my computer.

they sell used pc games at your game store? Which games? Something from the 90s? Most games now are Steam, Origin, U Play etc activated, which means the key .. once used is tied to an account forever

I uh... don't recall Assassins Creed, Fallout 3, Crysis or the Call of Duty games being released all that long ago.

Though games like The Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon are still fun.
#18JulesNeciPosted 2/6/2013 11:52:55 PM
I'm a big Sony and Nintendo fan, so there goes \o/
I have no respect for the Xbox whatsoever
#19ArturiaZweiPosted 2/6/2013 11:55:04 PM
JulesNeci posted...
I'm a big Sony and Nintendo fan, so there goes \o/
I have no respect for the Xbox whatsoever

I enjoyed my 360 for Dark Souls, Skyrim, Blazblue, Street Fighter 4 among others, but I don't respect them now and I probably won't be buying another console of theirs.
#20Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/7/2013 12:05:22 AM
ArturiaZwei posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...

they sell used pc games at your game store? Which games? Something from the 90s? Most games now are Steam, Origin, U Play etc activated, which means the key .. once used is tied to an account forever

I uh... don't recall Assassins Creed, Fallout 3, Crysis or the Call of Duty games being released all that long ago.

Though games like The Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon are still fun.

Crysis has a limited activation, after you use the key x amount of times. You can't use it any more, AC released awhile back and CoD was 1 and 2 was the only one that didnt require Steam irrc

So you have what, Fallout 3
---