Nintendo fans: Do you have more respect for Sony or Microsoft as a competitor?

#41MrL1193Posted 2/7/2013 2:24:59 AM
I don't care for either of them these days, but Sony used to have some great games. I can't connect anything to Microsoft except Halo, which I have no interest in.
---
Knowledge is power, and ignorance is bliss.
Unfortunately, most people won't settle for one; they usually end up with neither.
#42silverbulltPosted 2/7/2013 2:25:11 AM
elheber posted...
In the end, I feel Sony authentically cares more for gamers than Microsoft. I feel as though Sony still wants to make a game console while Microsoft just wants to make an entertainment console.

Plus I hate Microsoft's business practices such as the "$99" console and for what they did to Rare (never to be forgiven).

I'm a MS fanboy but that is true.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#43RetroFanGirlPosted 2/7/2013 2:25:20 AM
Sony, but much less so since the end of the PS2/PSP era.
---
Hi.
#44GencoilPosted 2/7/2013 3:15:12 AM
I have more respect for Sony. Nostalgia being one of the reasons, but I also have more trust in Japanese game companies. Sony have been a great completement to Nintendo, you get the best of both worlds with their consoles. I don't like how Microsoft charges you for their online services. You should only be charged for premium stuff, not basic things like... oh... playing online with a buddy.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#45KroganBallEaterPosted 2/7/2013 3:21:22 AM
I can't believe sony is winning seeing as all of the trolls here are Sony Ponys and they actually have a patent (not a rumor) of blocking used games.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#46nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 3:28:58 AM
Between the two, I'd say Sony. But it's close and I dislike both. Would've said Microsoft a few years ago, but they've shown just how little they care about gamers in the past few years and still continue to do so.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#47petran78Posted 2/7/2013 3:39:44 AM
None of them. I respect Sega more for their multiplatform approach. Nintendo should do the same to gain even more respect
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#48MidgardDragon99Posted 2/7/2013 3:53:27 AM
Sony: Let's give everyone tons of free* games for 50 bucks a year, cloud saves, and huge discounts if they subscribe to our service! also all purchases are locked to an account and can be used on multiple sytems!

MS: Uh, I guess, maybe they could pay us extra to watch the Netflix...and lets make sure they see lots of ads on their system...put Master Chief in there somewhere, they love them some Master Chief.

This is a no brainer, isn't it? Sony doesn't have the same level of first party development as Nintendo, but when it comes to things like online, accounts, benefits, etc. they are the best of the three.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#49Dartpaw86Posted 2/7/2013 4:23:06 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
ArturiaZwei posted...
With Microsoft's blocking of used games and reliance on internet connections, I've pretty much decided against them this generation.

I will either go Nintendo/PC or Nintendo/Ps4

So your reasoning is due to the Xbox possibly not allowing used games and reliance on an internet connection

You know there are "Offline games" for PC you know... and they don't play used games? I got tons of games secondhand.
#50mashuPosted 2/7/2013 4:24:09 AM
Gencoil posted...
I have more respect for Sony. Nostalgia being one of the reasons, but I also have more trust in Japanese game companies. Sony have been a great completement to Nintendo, you get the best of both worlds with their consoles.

Pretty much this. Its been fantastic to own both Sony and Nintendo consoles. I import a lot, and Sony not only has better titles to import but has also made that a lot easier.