Nintendo fans: Do you have more respect for Sony or Microsoft as a competitor?

#51snake1989Posted 2/7/2013 3:27:03 AM
I respect sony a great deal, though they're in tough times right now. Microsoft has always just been kinda there to me. They do a great job for their audience, but their audience is just simply not me, and I doubt it ever will be.
---
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#52melbye80Posted 2/7/2013 3:35:11 AM
I can appreciate that Sony is trying, but i don't respect any of them
#53UndietakerPosted 2/7/2013 3:41:42 AM
Faceman_ posted...
Sony. A 360 is probably the worst investment. With a Wii and PS3 you get everything. Every exclusive, every multiplat and you don't miss out on anything. Unless you consider a generic, sub par fps (Halo) important, and enjoying paying to play games online with ads then you're not missing anything.

How's the Skyrim DLC working out for you? lol
#54Oni_TaedoPosted 2/7/2013 3:45:27 AM
STN79 posted...
Sony's got alot of good games i'll admit that. Nintendo is my first company but i wouldn't want to give up what Sony has to offer. If one day Sony and Nintendo finally joined forces it would be the ultimate in gaming bliss. Microsoft can take a flying leap off a cliff for all i care.

^This.

Could you imagine how much further along console gaming would have been if Sony and Nintendo had worked together? If Sony hadn't been a bunch of sissies, and Nintendo hadn't been a pack of douches, I could have seen the SNES going on until '99.

After that, Nintendo probably would have skipped the N64 entirely, as most of the N64's games would have just been made on the Playstation.

If Sony goes under, I don't want Nintendo to buy them. I want Nintendo to work with them.

I sort of wish Sony wasn't so... hostile? Is that the word?
Yes.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#55KAMMYqueenPosted 2/7/2013 3:54:27 AM
Micosoft does not copy everything NIntendo does
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#56A_Soggy_RatPosted 2/7/2013 4:20:56 AM
I voted Microsoft, possibly unfairly though. It's not because of the 720, it's because of Microsoft Windows. Let me explain.

With all the rumours going around about both MS and Sony blocking used games on the next generation consoles, I don't think I'll be likely to be buying either. Like many people nowadays, I don't have a lot of money to spare, and I can't be paying 50+ for every game I want, because it's just out of the question with how tight money is at the minute. The way things are now, 70% of my console games were purchased used, most of which were less than half the price they were on release.

So what does that have to do with the next gen consoles? Well, if I'm not going to be able to buy used games and I'm forced to pay full price for any game I want, I just won't bother. I'd rather buy/build a gaming PC. Now, no hate for Mac users, I've just never used a Mac and I'm far more familiar with Windows, so I'd much prefer to use Windows for a gaming spec PC. Sure, a decent gaming desktop could set you back far more than a console probably will, but there are a lot of decent games available for computers via Steam that are less than half the price of full retail games, and some of them last longer for me than console games (Terraria, Team Fortress 2, Dungeon Defenders, Torchlight 2, I could go on for a while).

So in the long run, I'd rather pay much more for the system, because over the course of it's lifetime (which thanks to it being easily upgradable could be potentially forever), you're probably going to save a fair bit of money compared to buying full price games every time you want them. I can live without these multi-million dollar AAA titles, and I can definitely live without paying over 50 for every new game I want.

Thanks for reading this far if you read everything.
---
Proud to be a farm animal until someone tells me otherwise.
#57R2BDSiPosted 2/7/2013 4:25:50 AM
will both, but Sony has tons of franchises
#58JustThink1stPosted 2/7/2013 4:53:36 AM
Xbox and its not really close. Sony has nothing of interest to offer except little big planet. I feel they're in the ignorant zone of "Were going to do what we want and not what our consumers care about". Nintendo was there briefly but came back. I have no such hope for Sony. Funny how Xbox is knocked for the rumor of no used games (which Sony had a patent on!) and subscription online...yet I own a ps3 and a suspicious amount of demos and betas are becoming ps+ only. Nintendo is innovative and unbeatable multi-player fun and Microsoft kills it for quality "core" gaming.
---
"I'm not scared...I'm singing. My screaming song."
"You're a total wuss."
#59DarkMasterShakePosted 2/7/2013 5:27:17 AM
JustThink1st posted...
Xbox and its not really close. Sony has nothing of interest to offer except little big planet. I feel they're in the ignorant zone of "Were going to do what we want and not what our consumers care about". Nintendo was there briefly but came back. I have no such hope for Sony. Funny how Xbox is knocked for the rumor of no used games (which Sony had a patent on!) and subscription online...yet I own a ps3 and a suspicious amount of demos and betas are becoming ps+ only. Nintendo is innovative and unbeatable multi-player fun and Microsoft kills it for quality "core" gaming.

If you think Sony has nothing to offer, what are the great games the 360 has?

Also don't knock PS+ if you don't mind paying 60.00 a year for a lot less.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#60MinunSSPosted 2/7/2013 5:35:49 AM
Sony and Microsoft are not competitors to Nintendo. Haven't been since the Gamecube days.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek