Huge Miiverse update! Sorry pedos but no more loli and jailbait on Miiverse!

#1AwesomeOSaucePosted 2/7/2013 6:24:52 AM(edited)
In the last few hours Nintendo changed the Miiverse Code of Conduct and if you log onto miiverse it will notify you and some official Nintendo guy has written the info on his posts.

These are the rules that changed

Any user that is 12 or under cannot be friended nor can they friend you.
so sorry pervs.

Next every miiverse user will only be able to make a post 5 minutes after their last post to prevent spam...

off topic posting on Miiverse will not be tolerated as much as before.

Edit: and you will no longer receive notifications for replies made to a post unless its the OP. so in a way this is good but also sucks because i like to know if someone who is not the OP replies to my post.

Anyway this update sucks and the replies to this Nintendo guy's posts are mostly negative xD

Oh and even Nintendo employees are limited to the stupid 100 characters post and it took him 7 posts to like say everything xD
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#2saduffPosted 2/7/2013 6:14:04 AM
People cannot moderate themselves. No amount of leniency helps.
---
What's this fish doing in my ear?
#3GencoilPosted 2/7/2013 6:19:07 AM
I hope they realize how stupid it looks to have 7 posts just to convey one message. Surely they've noticed by now that there's room for improvement?
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#4Poopcorn13Posted 2/7/2013 6:23:04 AM(edited)
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Any user that is 12 or under cannot be friended nor can they friend you.
so sorry pervs.

That's gonna suck for elementary/middle school kids who are friends, but not my problem. :P

AwesomeOSauce posted...
Next every miiverse user will only be able to make a post 5 minutes after their last post to prevent spam...

What?
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#5AwesomeOSauce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:22:49 AM
Gencoil posted...
I hope they realize how stupid it looks to have 7 posts just to convey one message. Surely they've noticed by now that there's room for improvement?

hey just saw your post on the guy's post about them trying sneak the off topic rule so as not to adress the 50hz issue.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#6FoppePosted 2/7/2013 6:39:13 AM
Damn, the only reason for me to buy a Wii U in the first place...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/7/2013 6:57:14 AM
Good about the 12 and under thing.

I don't know about the 5 minute rule... if it were 5 minutes in the same thread, OK. But 5 minutes everywhere? So if I make a comment on YouTube I can't make a comment on NintendoLand for 5 min? Weird.
#8nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 7:07:07 AM
Noooo, I had such huge plans... now everything down the drain.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/7/2013 7:10:02 AM
So basically

Nintendo: "Please use this extremely anal and restricted,police state-esque, pretend babby social network we have forced into our console. Oh, and since we know everyone loves the sensation of being submerged and being forced to breathe through a stirrer straw, heres even MORE restrictive anal rules!"

Between dumb **** like this (and the entire handling of the Wii U coming into existence really, such poor hardware and architecture choices) and the reports of the 720 REQUIRING a constant online connection to even work and blocking used games, and whatever **** up sony has planned, I really can't wait for consoles to drop the **** dead.

The console space has literally become the police state of gaming. Good ****ing riddance man. Such a joke.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#10FoppePosted 2/7/2013 7:28:46 AM
ElectricKaibutu posted...
Good about the 12 and under thing.

I don't know about the 5 minute rule... if it were 5 minutes in the same thread, OK. But 5 minutes everywhere? So if I make a comment on YouTube I can't make a comment on NintendoLand for 5 min? Weird.

I don't think that Nintendo will stop us from posting how many comments we want on youtube from the webbrowser.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC