Windwaker HD is rebuilt from the ground up. Not a HD port.

#31GoombaXPosted 2/7/2013 9:39:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#32Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/7/2013 9:45:22 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
That's what's called a remake. It's overall the same game, but modernized and often with a few extra features and events.

See: Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul SilverMetroid Zero Mission, OoT 3D, Halo Anniversary, Final Fantasy IV DS/Complete, and on and on and on

A remaster is just porting the same came into a higher resolution, which is something that has only started being done recently.

See: God of War HD Collection, MGS Collection, Splinter Cell Collection, Jak Collection, and on and on.

Remake or Remaster is irrelevant. TC said it was built from the ground up and anybody with eyes can see that that is not the case.

anyone with eyes can see it is the case.
lol you and a lot of the other trolls are in serious denial.
You guys are just a sad lot now arnt ya.

Whats the last wii u game you purchased?

tekken tag 2, played it until farcry 3,played that until DmC, played that until, ni no kuni, played that until fire emblem and dead space 3.
i just play games bra, your a sad SoB. I feel sorry for how pathetic you are.

Lol no wii u game has come out this year worth purchasing.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#33SlimeSwayzePosted 2/7/2013 9:49:30 AM
RahzarX posted...
Have you seen the HD ports of God of War or Hitman compared to Zelda? One has completely new textures, models, and other graphical entities. One (Gow, Hitman, Splinter Cell, etc) has less jaggies.

No one has really seen Wind Waker HD in action, so what's the point of this topic?

Also, the God of War HD ports did have reworked textures, and easily looked better than any of the sloppy Ubisoft remakes, so you really shouldn't be lumping those together.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#34chuchumyrocketPosted 2/7/2013 9:53:08 AM
RahzarX posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
That's what's called a remake. It's overall the same game, but modernized and often with a few extra features and events.

See: Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul SilverMetroid Zero Mission, OoT 3D, Halo Anniversary, Final Fantasy IV DS/Complete, and on and on and on

A remaster is just porting the same came into a higher resolution, which is something that has only started being done recently.

See: God of War HD Collection, MGS Collection, Splinter Cell Collection, Jak Collection, and on and on.

Remake or Remaster is irrelevant. TC said it was built from the ground up and anybody with eyes can see that that is not the case.

OoT was built from the ground up.

Taking aspects and bringing them in to keep the game the same some how makes it a port?

Keep making your own definitions Webster.

Troll successful!
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#35SolisPosted 2/7/2013 11:12:33 AM
RahzarX posted...
We already KNOW it's a remake. Nintendo Direct confirmed it. If it was a port it wouldn't have entirely new models.

New models do not in any way indicate that something is built "from the ground up". There have been literally hundreds of ports that have changed character models and even environmental detail/effects, and none of them were ever considered to be remakes from that point alone. You'd be surprised at how much of a game can be changed without it actually being recreated from scratch.

Hell, Virtua Fighter Remix on the Saturn had completely new models and textures compared to the initial Virtua Fighter release, and not only was it not a remake, it wasn't even a port either. It was also given away for free.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#36omniryuPosted 2/7/2013 11:17:31 AM
omniryu posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
omniryu posted...
RahzarX posted...
That is why it's full price.

I don't think so

oh wait yes i do.

It seems they might just go for a retexture work and delegate the Gamepad as The tingle tuner and dedicated menu screen. I say at best they will add the missing dungeons. But as far as programming goes Was that built from the ground up?. No, it will be the same codes as before. And the same polygon models, btw. They took a lesson from the emulator guys

---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#37SlimeSwayzePosted 2/7/2013 11:19:21 AM
Yeah, when I first saw the announcement my hope was that they would include the fire and ice dungeons that were removed from the original game. That would certainly help justify a $60 price tag (if that's even going to be the real price).
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.