Rayman Legends No Longer Exclusive to Wii U

#41TerotrousPosted 2/7/2013 9:29:39 AM
It'll be interesting to see if this results in the game not selling all that well, because a lot of times when a company takes a Nintendo exclusive and brings it to other systems it kills the sales on all platforms. Happened to De Blob, Epic Mickey, etc.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#42LinktoDrinkPosted 2/7/2013 9:29:52 AM
I'm gonna cancel my pre-order. This is f***ing bullcrap. I was expecting to get this game in 2 weeks, now it's gonna be 7 months? Is this a joke?
#43EoinPosted 2/7/2013 9:30:01 AM
AZHood321 posted...
Seems suicidal to delay this game to September. Honestly, would you pick up this first, or GTA V?

Ubisoft will probably suspect that there won't be much crossover between the audiences for GTAV and this.

Even if they are worried about that, though, if they had to delay the game, then September makes the most sense. Sony and Microsoft are prepping to launch new consoles sometime shortly after that, and publishers have packed out the few months after March to escape those launches, meaning that September is really the logical choice.
#44Reflex-ArcPosted 2/7/2013 9:30:13 AM
Bummer for Nintendo, but "YAY!" for gamers. It's cool that more people will get to play this beautiful and fun game. What's unfortunate is that the typical trolls on this forum are going to go on a frothing frenzy of anti-Nintendo rhetoric with this news instead of celebrating the benefit to all gamers.

Brace yourself, eleventy dozen threads are coming.
#45RahzarXPosted 2/7/2013 9:31:20 AM
What kind of business decision would it be to delay the Wii U version?

Releasing the 360 and Ps3 versions later seems obvious, but delaying a version that was basically complete?

Either the game was not even close to done or Ubisoft is literally bat **** insane.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#46EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/7/2013 9:31:46 AM
TheStarCore posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Wait. It got pushed back to September? WTF?

Rayman Legends
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101

All games that were supposed to come to the Wii U in the launch Window are not coming and they were big games that were pushed to put interest in the system. This sucks for Wii U owners.

I'm not even going to want to play it by then. GTA 5 comes out that same month, Windwaker the month before, Pokemon the following month, and next gen consoles will be coming by that time.

Wind Waker wont be out that soon... It's an Autumn/Fall release isn't it? Well after September.

I may be wrong but I thought they said August? I'm not sure.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!
#47Cookie_AromaPosted 2/7/2013 9:32:24 AM
Rayman Legends is no longer a Wii U exclusive.

Ok.

. . . delayed until September.

:|
#48silenthill4vidPosted 2/7/2013 9:32:47 AM
good, will get on ps3 and vita like origins.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#49nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 9:33:30 AM(edited)
AZHood321 posted...
Seems suicidal to delay this game to September. Honestly, would you pick up this first, or GTA V?

Wii U also doesn't have a lot of good games at the moment. A lot more games will be available in the holiday season and during that season quite a few more will come out. So they would probably sell a lot more by releasing it around this time, but of course, Ubisoft is being run by a bunch of dumb f***s.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#50Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/7/2013 9:34:17 AM(edited)
What kind of business decision would it be to delay the Wii U version?

Releasing the 360 and Ps3 versions later seems obvious, but delaying a version that was basically complete?

Either the game was not even close to done or Ubisoft is literally bat **** insane.

Ubisoft was insane to make this game a wii u exclusive i the first place. Rayman Origins sold worse on the wii than the 360 and PS3.

Despite the muuuuuuuuch larger install base.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif