You guys just don't understand the delay. It's "really about the fans"

#11MotiJrPosted 2/7/2013 10:16:38 AM
I don't care a bout this game in the slightest but I think it is going to cause them some sales if they delay the Wii U version when it is likely already completed. I have no problem with it being available on other systems but it is a big problem hat they are delaying the Wii U version. Shame on them but that's business. Money over morals/ethics/fans.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#12StarBladeEdgePosted 2/7/2013 10:17:26 AM
lol yeah the fans with the big money.....ps360 fans.

ps4 here i come
---
Ps4 & WiiU = Next Gen Gaming
Just get both , pathetic trolls !
#13Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/7/2013 10:18:46 AM
While I don't care it's multiplat, it should just release on Wii U this month and then the Xbox and PS3 owners who want it can get it in September. Or shell out the money for the Wii U to play it earlier. But that's only if you really wanna play it. Would be silly.
---
Former WWE Diva and BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT |
#14DBeanPosted 2/7/2013 10:20:37 AM
It technically is about the fans if you think about it from a certain perspective. With all of the consoles' upcoming lineups, this game will get buried and be cheap in no time. Hope it doesn't end the series because I enjoyed Origins, but there's no way I'm paying full price for it now.
#15hrodwulfPosted 2/7/2013 11:08:49 AM
Well, it's definitely not much about the Wii U-owning fans for sure.
#16zalmutePosted 2/7/2013 11:11:17 AM
TMW001 posted...
They could have just released the U version this month and release the HD twins version in September everyone would still get the game.

This. No excuses.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device each year.
#17darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 11:21:11 AM
Considering the poor sales of Origins on the HD twins versus the Wii, it's a stupid decision to go multiplat with Legends.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#18lp913Posted 2/7/2013 11:24:13 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
A ton of fans also bought a Wii U for this game. And if they really cared about the fans, they wouldn't delay the game for 6 months, half a month before it came out. They would just release it on the Wii U and then port it to the other consoles.

^My only real issue with that disappointing announcement. Delaying it 6 months just cause (when its already near completion for Wii U) is completely unacceptable, imo.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#19JunahuPosted 2/7/2013 11:28:16 AM
Ubisoft have noticed the currently barren WiiU market, and instead of putting in even the slightest bit of effort towards changing that market and carving out their own install base, have instead opted to wait until Nintendo changes that market for them.
This is a horrible, opportunistic business practice. 3rd parties sit on their heels whilst Nintendo forcibly creates a market and proves its console, then whines when Nintendo has the lion's share of that market.

And yet, it's baffling that Ubisoft wouldn't pounce at the chance to be the only game released for the WiiU during the early year period. Seriously, I think WiiU owners would buy ANYTHING at this point. Plus, early exposure of the game would help spread awareness of Rayman Legends, so that when the PS3/360 versions come out, they'll sell better.