Nintendo needs to go third party for consoles and stick to handhelds.

#1triple sPosted 2/7/2013 10:05:23 AM
In my opinion, the Wii U is probably going to be the next Dreamcast when it comes to lifespan. The original Wii sold considerably well but its life was cut short due to not having the hardware to compete with the PS3 and 360. Of course it had solid first party titles but when it came to multiplaform games, the Wii failed miserably in this aspect. The Wii U is pretty much doing the same thing but coming out first with out a significant improvement in power over the 360 and PS3. Only this time, the Wii U doesn't have the same fire the original Wii had. Terrible marketing can contribute to this but I think the big thing is when the next Xbox and PS come out it's going to be the same thing when it comes third party multiplatforms.

I come to this conclusion, I love Nintendo games but I haven't thought a Nintendo system as a whole was great since the N64. I just think if they went third party, they can focus on making AAA exclusives. They do the step forward, two steps back thing on consoles too much.

Now their handheld division is still on top so I wouldn't say anything about that.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22