4 of the top 5 best selling video franchises are Nintendo exclusives

#21Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:19:11 PM
sonic777 posted...
Sharky8 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
PS1, PS2 and PS3 dominated Nintendo to the point Nintendo is reduced to dominating handheld only. Wii is not counted anymore cause its for the casuals only, ofcourse it would sell, its games are so bad its not in the league with ps3 and 360.

You've been ignored. But before I go, I have a gift for you: it's called an apostrophe.

it should be "an apostrophe." LMAO!

GrammarNazi destroyed!

Quotes are superfluous. It's already implied, making it unnecessary.
#22KouramaPosted 2/8/2013 6:19:29 PM
isn't endless ocean a Nintendo IP?
#23icarus231Posted 2/8/2013 6:21:54 PM
this is because nintendo kicks ass
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/8/2013 6:22:36 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Nintendo will be preloading every Wii U with an MC Hammer start up video that will go straight into "U Can't Touch This." In place of dancing black men and women, there will be Mario, Miis, Link, Kirby, Samus, Donkey Kong, Starfox, and other Nintendo characters.

Sony and Microsoft can't touch Nintendo when it comes to first party exclusives.

So they gained these records from the 80s and mid 90s? The reason Wii Sports sold well, well it was bundled with the systems lol

So where is their current top seller that's not bundled with the hardware?

oh wait
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#25Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:28:37 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Nintendo will be preloading every Wii U with an MC Hammer start up video that will go straight into "U Can't Touch This." In place of dancing black men and women, there will be Mario, Miis, Link, Kirby, Samus, Donkey Kong, Starfox, and other Nintendo characters.

Sony and Microsoft can't touch Nintendo when it comes to first party exclusives.

So they gained these records from the 80s and mid 90s? The reason Wii Sports sold well, well it was bundled with the systems lol

oh wait

I could flip it around and ask: why is nothing Sony or Microsoft in the top 5? Surely they had bundled products in the last 20 years. Why did NONE of those sell enough as part of a franchise to be extremely successful?

Also: the Wii Sports games were bundled only at the beginning at the end. They were also not bundled in Japan and elsewhere around the world. A sizable portion of those sales came from Wii Play, independent sales of Sports and Resort, Wii Fit, and others.
#26Big_IsaacPosted 2/8/2013 6:31:48 PM
I like how everyone and their mother hates on Nintendo for reusing their popular franchises, when in reality every other publisher would do the same exact thing.
face it, MS and Sony are having trouble not turning green with jealousy at the sight of Nintendo's 1st party franchises, and rightfully so.
both of them have been trying to establish some of their series' in the same way for a long time
in Sony's case for example, there's God of War, which is being continued even though the central story is bloody over
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#27KroganBallEaterPosted 2/8/2013 6:33:45 PM
I like this.

but I think it's stupid that they count Mario and Super Mario as two different series.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#28jakestar0306Posted 2/8/2013 6:40:15 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
Nintendo has milked mario for over 25 years. That includes all the crappy Mario Party, soccer, golf, olympics, GBA releases of Mario games, etc. Pokemon has sold a ton as well. They have also recycled the same game over and over. Nintendo and Activision are very much alike. You would think the Wii series of games would be published by Activision considering how awful they are. Nope Nintendo has gone that low. Crap sells obviously.

Oh, you.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#29Zato InfinitePosted 2/8/2013 7:08:19 PM(edited)
Sharky8 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sharky8 posted...

oh wait

I could flip it around and ask: why is nothing Sony or Microsoft in the top 5? Surely they had bundled products in the last 20 years. Why did NONE of those sell enough as part of a franchise to be extremely successful?

Because they don't milk franchises like Nintendo does instead Microsoft and Sony come up with fresh new franchises to introduce to gamers. So why can't Nintendo come up with new franchises instead of milking their franchises from over 20 years ago?
#30geneticsftwPosted 2/8/2013 6:54:30 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sharky8 posted...

oh wait

Because they don't milk franchises like Nintendo does instead Microsoft and Sony come up with fresh new ideas to introduce to gamers. So why can't Nintendo come up with new ideas instead of milking their franchises from over 20 years ago?

Wow
---
Sweet