4 of the top 5 best selling video franchises are Nintendo exclusives

#71TrueKirbyPosted 2/9/2013 10:31:23 PM
Mario and Super Mario are the same thing.
T_T
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#72Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:48:33 PM
TrueKirby posted...
Mario and Super Mario are the same thing.
T_T

No they're not.
#73FlyinTonitePosted 2/9/2013 10:59:17 PM
I really liked Fortune Street, it appeals to casuals because mario is in it, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. Just because mario is in the game doesn't make a game a "rehash." It's called, brand recognition. Mario Kart would still be pretty damn awesome without him in it but not as many people would buy it so nintendo put mario in there. It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I'd wager if sony or microsoft had a character that could print money they'd put that character in a lot of games.

Long story short, haters gone hate.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#74Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:01:43 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
I really liked Fortune Street, it appeals to casuals because mario is in it, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. Just because mario is in the game doesn't make a game a "rehash." It's called, brand recognition. Mario Kart would still be pretty damn awesome without him in it but not as many people would buy it so nintendo put mario in there. It's really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I'd wager if sony or microsoft had a character that could print money they'd put that character in a lot of games.

Long story short, haters gone hate.

Yes, and those are examples of "Mario" games, which are the best selling franchise of all time.

"Super" Mario games are the second best selling franchise. They are the platforming Mario games only.
#75Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:02:54 AM
Mario
Pokemon
Link
Kirby
Samus
Donkey Kong
Olimar and Pikmin

You know that's what video games are all about.