Nintendo and it's fanbase are to blame for the awful third party support

#1Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/7/2013 10:54:37 AM(edited)
Nintendo made the horribly underpowered Wii to make a quick buck off of the casual gamers. The Wii sold like hot cakes but nobody bought 3rd party games on it that weren't casual nonsense with very few exceptions (RE4 didn't sell particularly well but it was the best selling non casual 3rd party game).

Fast forward to 2011 as the weak Wii is crawling towards it's death forcing Nintendo to rush out The (also weak) Wii U while the PS3 and 360 are still receiving an absurd amount of quality titles.

Did you people foresee any other scenario playing out than the one we currently have? People on this board actively brag about not buying 3rd party games for their nintendo home consoles. No intelligent third party dev will be making any Wii U exclusive games unless it is casual dance/puzzle//minigame stuff.

Nintendo and it's fans are to blame.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#2StarBladeEdgePosted 2/7/2013 10:21:56 AM
your probably right ....at least with nintendo. fan's are the victims here!
---
Ps4 & ---- = Next Gen Gaming
#3thanthenPosted 2/7/2013 10:24:36 AM(edited)
They'll make a couple. They'll bomb in sales. The cycle will continue for another gen.
Last time they killed Fatal Frame IP, this time nintendo will finish Bayonetta.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#4Oni_TaedoPosted 2/7/2013 10:26:25 AM
For the first time in his sad, pathetic, meaningless existence, Kirbs is right.

I find it sad that I would probably be the lone person actually buying 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#5GloryChaosPosted 2/7/2013 10:29:21 AM
Yeah, the ones who actively ignore any kind of third party support aren't exactly helping the console out. But when you think about it, you have no obligation to help the company. Just buy the games you enjoy.

Being ignorant to a game you might enjoy is a different story though.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#6BuretsuPosted 2/7/2013 10:36:33 AM
Nintendo created an environment that wasn't friendly to third parties, so few games were released, so few people bought them, so even fewer games were released. It was a vicious cycle.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7digiblasterPosted 2/7/2013 10:37:12 AM
I didn't buy many (if any) third party games for Wii. I bought some of the exclusives, like Tales of Symphonia 2 and Sonic Colours, but of the few multiplats it got, I bought none. I had a 360 for those games,

The Wii U may be different though - given the talk of the online-only, no preowned games 720, I almost definitely won't be buying the next MS machine, and I'll have to see how the PS4 pans out. If it's similar to the Nextbox though, I'll be going Wii U only - and buying all my multiplats for Wii U.
#8zaakroPosted 2/7/2013 10:40:00 AM
Reassurance topic
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#9Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:41:12 AM
Reassurance topic

lol reassurance post. It's ok, you can still play rayman in september.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#10Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:45:14 AM
For the first time in his sad, pathetic, meaningless existence, Kirbs is right.

I find it sad that I would probably be the lone person actually buying 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles.

You are a much more pleasant poster without the name calling.
---