I understand porting it, but delaying it?

#1140Dribylf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:45:20 AM
Not win-win for Ubisoft. It will now release during a time when much bigger games will overshadow it on all the systems. The better thing to do would have been to release the Wii U version as scheduled and then about a month or two later announce the 360 and PS3 ports after they have gotten most of the sales they would get from the Wii U.

Seriously.

AND it's closer to the potential release of the new MS/Sony consoles.

This game isn't going to sell well.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#12lt519Posted 2/7/2013 11:58:05 AM
phineasfool posted...
lt519 posted...
It was delayed so they could combine their advertising campaigns and probably take additional time to tweak the Wii U version, but mostly advertising.

And to combat the "but they have 3 million Wii U owners starved for a game" there will be like 5-6 million Wii U owners starved in September. Win-win for Ubisoft besides pissing off a few diehards they already don't care about.

Not win-win for Ubisoft. It will now release during a time when much bigger games will overshadow it on all the systems. The better thing to do would have been to release the Wii U version as scheduled and then about a month or two later announce the 360 and PS3 ports after they have gotten most of the sales they would get from the Wii U.

I don't know about that, they save on the advertising and are waiting for the Wii U install base to grow with the inevitable Nintendo game release between now and September. All the Wii U owners that were going to buy it in February still will, there will just be more of them, and yeah some will switch to PS3 but that doesn't matter to Ubisoft. Wii U owners will still be starved for games come September.

I agree it isn't a good time to release games, but this is a pretty big name release and it isn't in your genre of Bro shooters and Sports games that get released around that time. I don't think release timing will affect it as much as you think.
#13phineasfoolPosted 2/7/2013 12:13:45 PM
lt519 posted...
phineasfool posted...
lt519 posted...
It was delayed so they could combine their advertising campaigns and probably take additional time to tweak the Wii U version, but mostly advertising.

And to combat the "but they have 3 million Wii U owners starved for a game" there will be like 5-6 million Wii U owners starved in September. Win-win for Ubisoft besides pissing off a few diehards they already don't care about.

All the Wii U owners that were going to buy it in February still will, there will just be more of them, and yeah some will switch to PS3 but that doesn't matter to Ubisoft. Wii U owners will still be starved for games come September.

No they won't. By the time time this now releases people will be getting games like Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and others for the Wii U. I know I won't be buying the game now as I will be putting money towards other games and saving for the new Microsoft and Sony systems. With it releasing in February it had no competition on the Wii U and was the first game to release in retail for the Wii U in over 2 months.

Like I said the smart move would have been to release the Wii U version on the 26th like it was supposed to, get all those early sales from Wii U owners starved for a new game, and then announce the 360/PS3 versions a couple of months later and pick up some extra sales there. My money that was going to Legends (had my pre-order paid off) will now go towards another game and I won't be picking the game up at all most likely. I know I am just one person, but I also know I am not the only person that feels this way.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool