When Iwata resigns next year, will the new Nintendo president going third party?

#11zalmutePosted 2/7/2013 11:14:10 AM
SL68 posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Wii, DS and 3DS. The three most profitable consoles Nintendo has put out. The WiiU, only being out a few months is neither doing terrible or amazing.

Lets stop making consoles !

Errr...

3DS made Nintendo post their first ever annual loss.

Wii U makes third parties jump off the sinking ship.

What's that about 3ds? http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-no-longer-selling-3ds-at-a-loss-231943.phtml
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device each year.
#12MelkacPosted 2/7/2013 11:18:25 AM
Iwata: *Laughs*

If anything, they will just stop making consoles and start making handhelds. Just imagine how fantastic 3DS's catalog would be if the Wii U didn't existed...well, even more fantastic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#13sonicsonicPosted 2/7/2013 11:19:01 AM
SL68 posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Wii, DS and 3DS. The three most profitable consoles Nintendo has put out. The WiiU, only being out a few months is neither doing terrible or amazing.

Errr...

That's true. I worded it terribly. However swap 3DS for GBA and you got the same thing. Also the 3DS is starting to look very good for Nintendo.

The point still stands though. Nintendo have had some of their most profitable systems come out in succession. The only really poor consoles they've had saleswise were the N64, GCN and Virtual Boy.

So if the abysmal Virtual Boy didn't put them under and then the release of two of their worst selling home consoles...in succession didn't either. I'm sure we'll see a few more Nintendo consoles.
#14DrumguyPosted 2/7/2013 3:44:43 PM
sonicsonic posted...
SL68 posted...
sonicsonic posted...

Errr...

That's true. I worded it terribly. However swap 3DS for GBA and you got the same thing. Also the 3DS is starting to look very good for Nintendo.
The only really poor consoles they've had saleswise were the N64, GCN and Virtual Boy.

lol, you're funny....
#15darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 3:48:36 PM
SL68 posted...
sonicsonic posted...

Errr...

That was exchange rates.

Nice try, though.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#16sonicsonicPosted 2/7/2013 4:21:50 PM
Drumguy posted...
sonicsonic posted...
SL68 posted...
sonicsonic posted...

Errr...

The only really poor consoles they've had saleswise were the N64, GCN and Virtual Boy.

lol, you're funny....

PS1-102.49 million units.
N64- 32.93 million units.

Perhaps not poor... but compared to the competition ? Dreadful.

Yeah yeah Saturn sold worse, but still...
#17HeaderHogPosted 2/7/2013 4:23:11 PM
Uh, no.
He's stepping down because of one buisness flaw.
One shoddy console.
And really, that's all it takes for someone to fix mistakes.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#18Crazy_tank51Posted 2/7/2013 4:38:36 PM
Few questions for TC:

1. Why is Iwata resigning, because the Wii U didn't break a billion in a week?
2. What shareholder would want Ninty to drop raking in money with their good home consoles and great handhelds in favor of $1000 dollars or so off IOS games and making less off their software?
3. Why does Ninty need to go 3rd party to stay afloat despite having billions in the bank and no debt at all?
4. Once more, why will Bayonetta 2 die for any reason besides being Wii U exclusive (I've asked you plenty of times on Bayo2 boards)

And for everyone else: what are the odds he will not respond to me with valid points?
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#19DrumguyPosted 2/7/2013 5:33:17 PM
sonicsonic posted...
Drumguy posted...
sonicsonic posted...
SL68 posted...
sonicsonic posted...

Errr...

lol, you're funny....

PS1-102.49 million units.
N64- 32.93 million units.

Perhaps not poor... but compared to the competition ? Dreadful.

Yeah yeah Saturn sold worse, but still...

Source?
#20sonicsonicPosted 2/7/2013 5:36:24 PM
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64

Why couldn't you just check yourself ?

The link says the N64 sales are worse than what I wrote as well...