When Iwata resigns next year, will the new Nintendo president going third party?

#21SocranPosted 2/7/2013 4:40:21 PM(edited)
Actually, Iwata did say that he would resign at the end of the next fiscal year (around this time in 2014) if the company didn't reach a certain profit margin which is several times what they made this year. It was an "I'd stake my job on it" statement to investors. A lot of people think it's absurd of him to think that things will take such a dramatic upswing, but since they don't have the additional costs of creating a brand new console, it wouldn't be as ridiculous as they think.

Pretty much everything else that the TC said is wrong, though.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#22DrumguyPosted 2/7/2013 4:44:29 PM
sonicsonic posted...
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64

Why couldn't you just check yourself ?

The link says the N64 sales are worse than what I wrote as well...

Uh, because if you're going to bring stats you should also provide the source. You're trying to "win" the argument. It's like going to war with a gun but no ammunition.

Wiki's not a reliable source either. I just clicked the "edit" link and could easily increase or decrease any of those given numbers
#23SocranPosted 2/7/2013 5:06:57 PM
Drumguy posted...
You're trying to "win" the argument. It's like going to war with a gun but no ammunition.

Why can't you just shoot yourself? Geez.

Note to mods: This is not a threat directed at a user, it's a parody of the concept of going to a war without a gun.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#24darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 5:10:58 PM
Socran posted...
Actually, Iwata did say that he would resign at the end of the next fiscal year (around this time in 2014) if the company didn't reach a certain profit margin which is several times what they made this year. It was an "I'd stake my job on it" statement to investors. A lot of people think it's absurd of him to think that things will take such a dramatic upswing, but since they don't have the additional costs of creating a brand new console, it wouldn't be as ridiculous as they think.

Pretty much everything else that the TC said is wrong, though.

Actually, he didn't. He just said he has a goal he's committed to achieving. Big difference.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#25DrumguyPosted 2/7/2013 5:49:04 PM
Socran posted...
Drumguy posted...
You're trying to "win" the argument. It's like going to war with a gun but no ammunition.

Why can't you just shoot yourself? Geez.

Note to mods: This is not a threat directed at a user, it's a parody of the concept of going to a war without a gun.

Can't fire a gun without any ammo... :P
#26Swan3624Posted 2/7/2013 5:50:19 PM
Lawl, TC's karma went from 23 to 17 within like 4 hours.

Let's see how long it will take to get him down to zero! :D
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#27Crimson10BladesPosted 2/7/2013 5:55:07 PM
When did Iwata say he was going to resign? Can anyone give me a quote of him saying anything like that?
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#28darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 5:57:06 PM
Crimson10Blades posted...
When did Iwata say he was going to resign? Can anyone give me a quote of him saying anything like that?

He didn't. It's just trolls looking to troll.

What he said was that there was an internal profit goal for this fiscal year, and he's going to work his hardest to meet it. That's it.

Somehow, people took that to mean he'd resign if he didn't meet that goal.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#29bond465Posted 2/7/2013 5:59:01 PM
SL68 posted...
I can imagine a lot of Nintendo's shareholders wants the company to developer smartphone and tablet games.

Iwata will resign next year because of crap business results. A new leader will be installed. Hopefully one who realizes that Nintendo can't compete in the hardware business. They need to go third party to survive.

Start by putting Mario and Pokémon on iOS. Guaranteed success. Continue by putting Zelda and Fire Emblem on Ps4. And then Metroid on 720. Everyone would get great games on great platforms.

Honestly, if they did that it would probably work and save them for the whole wiiu business.
#30BroadwayGPUPosted 2/7/2013 5:59:11 PM
IWATA-sama-desu is FOREVER
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic