Delaying Rayman lost my business...

#1twytch007Posted 2/7/2013 10:02:23 AM
...because it filled a gap in a release period that was rather slow. I typically like to grab a game about once a month. Being that this was the biggest game releasing in Feb was pretty much the only reason I had planned on having it.

I don't think I'll look twice at it now when it releases in September. The hype for it will have been drained as it is. Not to mention GTA 5 and a slew of other games will be out around or before that time.

It does make Ubi look bad in my eyes. They had been committed to bringing this title to just the WiiU for so long that it damages anything they try to say to quell the arguments. I can see that holding some place in the back of my decision making process the next time they release a game that I am not 100% on.

Long story short, I won't be getting it based upon the delay. Not necessarily the loss of exclusivity.
---
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
#2LinktoDrinkPosted 2/7/2013 10:03:25 AM
Exactly. I'm right there with you.
#3EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/7/2013 10:04:25 AM
I agree. GTA 5 the same month and most likely new consoles will be having all the buzz as well? And Nintendo would have by then announced and have games coming to Wii U by then?

I won't be interested for awhile.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!
#4MrBanballowPosted 2/7/2013 10:05:27 AM
I was pretty pissed last year when they delayed Rayman Origins on the 3DS from June to November to launch it alongside Legends... this really is to much for me to accept.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#5SnackasaurusPosted 2/7/2013 10:08:53 AM
Agree'd. I had this pre-ordered and was looking forward to it, but later this year there's already Yoshi's Epic Yarn, Wind Waker HD, Pokemon and Orbis, so no Rayman, there's no place for you anymore. I'll just use that money on Etrian Odyssey 4.. and I dunno.. a pizza or something.
#6zalmutePosted 2/7/2013 10:10:42 AM
Still LOL worthy. Rayman or GTA... Hmm, if you can only pick one what's it going to be? The first delay was painful, this second one just ruined all good will i have for it. I will be buying GTA in September. Oh and I also posted on Ubisoft's facebook that they just lost a sale.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device each year.
#7ReedeemerPosted 2/7/2013 10:13:45 AM
Same, by September the U's library will be better off and I'll have no interest in this game.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#8fon1988Posted 2/7/2013 10:17:44 AM
I agree too.

Rayman Origins originally slipped under my radar when it released in November of 2011 because of all the other games that were out at that time.

February would have been the perfect month for Legend's release because it has NO competition, and it would have been coming out on a system that is starving for a new game.

Now, the sales on 360/PS3 will be abysmal again and the Wii U version's hype will be all but non-existent.
#9phineasfoolPosted 2/7/2013 10:31:07 AM
Have to agree. I had just paid off my pre-order yesterday as well. Now I'll be cancelling it and putting it towards something else and probably skipping on the game all together with other stuff I'll be picking up at the time.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool