Ubisoft's stupidity is astounding, but I think I can explain it.

#1MegagunstarmanPosted 2/7/2013 11:16:24 AM
The decision to port this over to other consoles was probably made a while ago. At that time, they had to think about what would be best for sales. Either the PS360 version is a late port, or they do a simultaneous release on all platforms. A simultaneous release probably looked like the best option for them, because they would only have one set of vindictive fanboys to deal with because of a delay rather than two sets of vindictive fanboys because of a late port.

During this time, GTAV's release date was most likely still unknown so there were no games scheduled for September. Because of that, September was very appealing for them. Delaying the Wii U version for a simultaneous release was a gamble they were willing to take because PS360 in September seemed like a sure thing. It's a decision that will probably haunt them. They still have time to reverse it, but I doubt it will happen.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#2Newbie00Posted 2/7/2013 11:17:16 AM
It's BS and I'm surprised Ubi had the balls to pull this one. I can only imagine what Iwata is feeling right now

But Ninty did this with twilight princess and the GC + Wii.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#3Zato InfinitePosted 2/7/2013 11:19:16 AM
The reason ubisosoft is releasing this is for one simple reason:

Money
Cash
Hoes
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 2/7/2013 11:20:22 AM
It's not a stupid decision, and I don't think you did a good job of explaining anything.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5Megagunstarman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:23:22 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
It's not a stupid decision, and I don't think you did a good job of explaining anything.

Delaying a finished game out of a drought and scheduling it to be released in the same month as the probable best selling game this year isn't stupid?
---
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 2/7/2013 11:24:05 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

Delaying a finished game out of a drought and scheduling it to be released in the same month as the probable best selling game this year isn't stupid?

If that's all you're seeing, then you need to look harder.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#7phy2jshPosted 2/7/2013 11:26:19 AM
Selling only to wii u owners = means target of 3m. Making it multi plat = target of 150m. It's a no brainer.
#840DribylfPosted 2/7/2013 11:28:22 AM
Selling only to wii u owners = means target of 3m. Making it multi plat = target of 150m. It's a no brainer.

And that's cool and dandy

But delaying the Wii U version was stupid.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#9Megagunstarman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:28:30 AM
phy2jsh posted...

When did I say multiplat was stupid?

Can people not read or do they just ignore the post and reply to the topic title? Did I just answer my own question?
---
#10GoombaXPosted 2/7/2013 11:28:32 AM
phy2jsh posted...

selling it on the wii u now = some profit now and selling it on the 360/ps3 = profit later
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Nice_Kirbyfan9 has admitted to being a sad pathetic troll