Ubisoft's stupidity is astounding, but I think I can explain it.

#11SlimeSwayzePosted 2/7/2013 10:35:45 AM
GoombaX posted...
phy2jsh posted...
Selling only to wii u owners = means target of 3m. Making it multi plat = target of 150m. It's a no brainer.

selling it on the wii u now = some profit now and selling it on the 360/ps3 = profit later

No, that's not how it works. This has already been explained in other topics, but again, launch window sales are vital. Releasing the game now to a miniscule install base is just robbing yourself of full-priced sales later on. If they release on Wii U now and wait to release the other versions, 360 and PS3 owners won't be too excited about buying a 7-month old game at full-price with even less features than the Wii U version.

Also, people who buy Wii U's between now and September will be able to find the game used, or be able to buy at a discount when retailers start cutting prices, which is what happens with all 3rd party games these days.

Again, for publishers in today's market, it is all about maximizing sales at launch. They are making the best business decision. Any other argument is simply wrong.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#12Oni_TaedoPosted 2/7/2013 10:38:14 AM
phy2jsh posted...
Selling only to wii u owners = means target of 3m. Making it multi plat = target of 150m. It's a no brainer.

I think it's unanimous, the porting isn't the problem.
It's the delaying of a finished game.
They should release it on the Wii U, and then pay very close attention to fan-feedback.
Use that feedback to enhance the PS360 versions, and then the problems they fixed can just be patched into the Wii U version.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#13meiyukiPosted 2/7/2013 10:41:48 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
phy2jsh posted...

When did I say multiplat was stupid?

Can people not read or do they just ignore the post and reply to the topic title? Did I just answer my own question?

I think what we're seeing is yet more examples of the blind anti-nintendo bias people have on this forum. There have been numerous occasions where the nintendo fanbase has been accused of provable false actions. Not that I think there's nothing wrong with the fanbase but because of people's biases they're so quick to just assume nintendo fans are doing something that supports their bias they don't bother to check or care if they're flat out wrong.