I believe Ubisoft is lying

#1HELZEROPosted 2/7/2013 10:23:11 AM
Ubisoft claims it moved from releasing Rayman Legends from being a Wii U exclusive to being a multi platform title due to 360 and PS3 users complaining. I highly doubt this is the case, as 360 and PS3 users are already spoiled with so many other titles that I highly doubt they would care much about Rayman.

I think the real reason is solely due to sales. I believe Ubisoft overestimated the sales of the Wii U and realized it would be more profitable to release a multiplatform title. So yes while this is really bad news, you can't really blame ubisoft, they are doing what is best to make the most profit so that future games in the Rayman series are possible.

If they released Rayman Legends strictly on the Wii U, then their sales would drop. If they released it on the Wii U now, and then the 360 and PS3 version in September, the game wouldn't be so "hot" anymore and would impact the sales on the 360/PS3 version.

So I guess the only real person to blame is Nintendo. They either did not give a good enough offer to keep Rayman Legends as a Wii U exclusive, or they did not do a good enough designing a console to create enough sales to attract more third party development.

tl;dr version:
Nintendo may be at fault here.
#2BuretsuPosted 2/7/2013 10:27:57 AM
So they chose to delay it to a few days after the release of Grand Theft Auto V, a game which will completely eclipse it? Makes perfect sense, yo!
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3ShaddapPosted 2/7/2013 10:30:01 AM
Actually, the TC isn' totally off. The Wii sales have been pathetic, its more cost effective to do a combined release to save on marketing, which can be 30-50% of he budget.
---
Saying IGN is superior to Gamespot is like saying gonorrhea is superior to syphilis.
#4HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:31:39 AM
Buretsu posted...
So they chose to delay it to a few days after the release of Grand Theft Auto V, a game which will completely eclipse it? Makes perfect sense, yo!

Buretsu there is no need to be angry here! We tried warning you many times about the state of the Wii U!
#5OzzieArcanePosted 2/7/2013 10:32:55 AM
And naturally if it sells poorly they'll blame the sales for them inevitably canceling Beyond Good & Evil 2 because Ubisoft.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#6BuretsuPosted 2/7/2013 10:33:31 AM
HELZERO posted...
Buretsu posted...

Buretsu there is no need to be angry here! We tried warning you many times about the state of the Wii U!

Wow, couldn't even stay on topic in your own topic. That's sad.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 10:40:52 AM
Shaddap posted...
Actually, the TC isn' totally off. The Wii sales have been pathetic, its more cost effective to do a combined release to save on marketing, which can be 30-50% of he budget.

Second-best launch sales in history = pathetic?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#8Newbie00Posted 2/7/2013 10:41:19 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Shaddap posted...

Second-best launch sales in history = pathetic?

let the DMG control begin, boys.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#9DiscostewSMPosted 2/7/2013 10:47:03 AM
You may be right TC, but then again, what if (yes, a big "if") it happens to be that the PS3 and 360 versions don't sell that well? What if Ubisoft ends up having problems between now and then when attempting to port the game over? Numerous factors can contribute to problems along the way, and if it doesn't do as well for those systems as it does for the Wii U, then Wii U owners were given a 7 month delay for nothing.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project