Wow Ubisoft...

#1Joehop007Posted 2/7/2013 12:40:45 PM(edited)
Ubisoft, what were you thinking?! You had A LOT of fans that got a Wii U just for Rayman Legends. No one complained that it was a Wii U exclusive. Not only is the game delayed for six months and now its a multiplat, but its now going to sell very poorly now that its going to be launched right around the time Grand Theft Auto 5 is going to be released. When GTA5 comes out, don't blame the poor sales on the Wii U because you did this to yourself.

Now I don't mind the game going multiplatform, but you just gave your fans a huge slap in the face.
---
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#2poo111111111111Posted 2/7/2013 12:04:26 PM
Lies. All Lies. Ubisoft said it themselves.

They did it all for the fans.

Which fans however. Is up for debate. Since likely they'll have lost a good portion of sure fire sales.
#3Joehop007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:25:47 PM
poo111111111111 posted...

Which fans however. Is up for debate. Since likely they'll have lost a good portion of sure fire sales.

GTA5 will make people forget about the game
---
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#4AwayFromHerePosted 2/7/2013 12:28:07 PM

'A good portion?'

What is a good portion? Some hundred thousand copies?

Jeez, it's like people are expecting every single Wii-U owner to buy Rayman.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5gray_fox_00Posted 2/7/2013 12:42:44 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

'A good portion?'

Sales lost from the Wii U version will no doubt be a drop in the bucket compared to all the new potential sales opened up by releasing it on two systems with huge install bases. So I'm pretty sure they gained more sure fire sales than they lost with this move.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#6mmarksterPosted 2/7/2013 12:44:32 PM
We've been wanting Watchdogs and Far Cry 3 on Wii U. How come Ubisoft aren't putting those on the system?
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#7CatalystGuitar18Posted 2/7/2013 12:44:54 PM
I don't even own a Wii U, but I wish they would've at least released it in February like they had initially planned instead of delaying the Wii U version to coincide with the ports. Timed exclusivity would've been alright with me, but damn, the way they handled this now is just cold.
---
Come check out my music at www.last.fm/music/tyler+hellner
PSN ID: Senor_Rub_a_Dub
#8TerotrousPosted 2/7/2013 12:46:32 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
'A good portion?'

At least, and that's not an insignificant number compared to the sales of the original game.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9DiscostewSMPosted 2/7/2013 12:46:32 PM
gray_fox_00 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

'A good portion?'

Sales lost from the Wii U version will no doubt be a drop in the bucket compared to all the new potential sales opened up by releasing it on two systems with huge install bases. So I'm pretty sure they gained more sure fire sales than they lost with this move.

Except, of course, it'll be competing with games like GTA V and others not currently announced yet. That won't be a drop in the bucket. That'll be more like dynamite igniting on a dam.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/7/2013 12:48:30 PM
We've been wanting Watchdogs and Far Cry 3 on Wii U. How come Ubisoft aren't putting those on the system?

Because they wot sell on the wii u?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif