Wow Ubisoft...

#11Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 12:48:36 PM
To my knowledge, I thought no one really bought Origins. Just enough for it to barely be profitable. People just largely ignored it. Now all of a sudden, there are droves of 'fans' on the other consoles? It's just like Bayonetta all over again. No one really cared about it, but now that there is some significant news regarding it, there are now "millions" of people that care.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#12AsuirPosted 2/7/2013 12:50:16 PM
mmarkster posted...
We've been wanting Watchdogs and Far Cry 3 on Wii U. How come Ubisoft aren't putting those on the system?

The userbase is too small to justify the cost to port those games over. Not to mention the marketing, the licensing, the various other costs that come with porting.
---
Ftw!
#13Beatperson14Posted 2/7/2013 12:50:51 PM
To be fair I remember heavy criticism for Origins. That's why I backed off it actually, I love Rayman but heard O left some things desired and wasn't as brilliant as the original(s)
#14FoppePosted 2/7/2013 12:51:25 PM
Wow OP, what did you think when you created a topic that has already been done 256 times the last hour?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#15_Sovereign_Posted 2/7/2013 12:58:09 PM
gray_fox_00 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Lies. All Lies. Ubisoft said it themselves.

They did it all for the fans.

Which fans however. Is up for debate. Since likely they'll have lost a good portion of sure fire sales.

'A good portion?'

What is a good portion? Some hundred thousand copies?

Jeez, it's like people are expecting every single Wii-U owner to buy Rayman.

Sales lost from the Wii U version will no doubt be a drop in the bucket compared to all the new potential sales opened up by releasing it on two systems with huge install bases. So I'm pretty sure they gained more sure fire sales than they lost with this move.

I doubt it...remember when Origins released alongside MW3? While I hate both MW and GTA, I'm sure people consider GTA the bigger franchise, and releasing a game that was supposed to come out this month, several months later when those gamers have other titles to play does not bode well for Ubi.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#16TerotrousPosted 2/7/2013 1:00:03 PM(edited)
People obviously aren't aware that the original didn't break 1 mil on any platform, and this one is very likely to sell a lot worse (more 2D platformer competition on all systems, launching at a time when PS4 and XBox 3 are just around the corner, not to mention GTA5, etc).

500k sales would be a ton to this game.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery