PETITION: Wii U third party support!

#1Ao99Posted 2/7/2013 11:08:40 AM
After reading what Ubisoft had to say about Rayman Legends, here's a petition for third party support on the Wii U. Just sign your name away if you believe that it's unfair that we, Wii U owners, don't get Tomb Raider, GTA V, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Far Cry, and so on. But it's fair that when we have an exclusive game that Ubisoft decides to go multi-platform with it because the PS3/360 owners are going to miss out. Reviewers can say what they want about the ports that came on the Wii U during launch but the games I played, Assassins Creed, Sonic All-Star Racing, and Batman, all played fine on the Wii U. I didn't encounter any problems and they were no different than the other versions. Sign here if you believe devs need to step up and start realizing they have gamers that want to play these games on the Wii U.
#2Oni_TaedoPosted 2/7/2013 11:14:11 AM
If it means more people get to experience games, I'm all for it.
Mind you, half of me thinks this is a joke/pointless.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#3Beatperson14Posted 2/7/2013 11:16:19 AM
What about when you guys BOUGHT Bayonetta 2 off?
#4AwayFromHerePosted 2/7/2013 11:17:18 AM
What about when you guys BOUGHT Bayonetta 2 off?

It wasn't bought by Nintendo, it was pulled from the trash by Nintendo.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5kissdadookiePosted 2/7/2013 11:20:00 AM
If the damn Nintendo apologist fanboys would stop going around saying things like "Red Dead Redemption/GTA/Bioshock/CoD/FarCry 3/Skyrim/etc. are just stupid generic multi-plat games, we don't need them because they aren't as creative and innovative as oh, let's say, Conduit and Nano Assault" and instead, start being realistic and demand that Nintendo step up it's game and court more and better 3rd party support, maybe then we will get some actual games on to Nintendo platforms.

I mean for goodness sakes, how sad is it that the next Madden is not going to appear on the Wii U, friggin MADDEN!!! Madden appears on EVERYTHING yet the next one is apparently skipping the Wii U. Come on now, that's pretty sad.
#6SpawngoatPosted 2/7/2013 11:20:07 AM
It has nothing to do with fairness, Ubisoft decided that releasing a game on other platforms would be a good business decision. That doesn't mean that other publishers are now required to port titles to the WiiU in exchange.

It's like creating a petition demanding Capcom make a WiiU exclusive because SquareEnix announce a PS3 one.
---
"Mr. Jefferson, build up that wall" Christopher Hitchens
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 2/7/2013 11:33:57 AM
kissdadookie posted...
If the damn Nintendo apologist fanboys would stop going around saying things like "Red Dead Redemption/GTA/Bioshock/CoD/FarCry 3/Skyrim/etc. are just stupid generic multi-plat games, we don't need them because they aren't as creative and innovative as oh, let's say, Conduit and Nano Assault" and instead, start being realistic and demand that Nintendo step up it's game and court more and better 3rd party support, maybe then we will get some actual games on to Nintendo platforms.

I mean for goodness sakes, how sad is it that the next Madden is not going to appear on the Wii U, friggin MADDEN!!! Madden appears on EVERYTHING yet the next one is apparently skipping the Wii U. Come on now, that's pretty sad.

Bioshock, RDR, and FC3 would be great to have on the U, actually.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool.

Mind you, EA needs to go bankrupt. I know I talk about people losing their jobs a lot, and how much it sucks. But the guys at EA don't deserve their jobs. And not because they refuse to support the Wii U, that's fine.
The problem is, they don't work for their money.

They slightly tweak the visuals, add a few people to the roster, and call it a day. With other companies that rehash, like Nintendo and Capcom, they do actual work. Be it level design, more characters, rebalanced gameplay, they still work to improve it a bit.
EA, no. They make a cheaply made game, and then they spend a couple thousand on it each year, and call it an upgrade.

It saddens me to think that they have the UFC license, I would have rather 2K had gotten that.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#8Ao99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:45:30 AM
This isn't a joke topic. I'm listing those games as examples of what the Wii U owners are missing out. Sure, Rayman is multi-platform but the fact that Ubisoft said "It's unfair for 360/PS3 owners", if that's their logic, most likely it's the other 3rd party devs logic. But what about the Wii U owners? We don't get triple A hits. Not once did I hear a third party dev say "We are delaying the game because it's unfair for Wii U owners."
#9kissdadookiePosted 2/7/2013 11:49:54 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
kissdadookie posted...

Bioshock, RDR, and FC3 would be great to have on the U, actually.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a blind fool.

Mind you, EA needs to go bankrupt. I know I talk about people losing their jobs a lot, and how much it sucks. But the guys at EA don't deserve their jobs. And not because they refuse to support the Wii U, that's fine.
The problem is, they don't work for their money.

They slightly tweak the visuals, add a few people to the roster, and call it a day. With other companies that rehash, like Nintendo and Capcom, they do actual work. Be it level design, more characters, rebalanced gameplay, they still work to improve it a bit.
EA, no. They make a cheaply made game, and then they spend a couple thousand on it each year, and call it an upgrade.

It saddens me to think that they have the UFC license, I would have rather 2K had gotten that.

That's the point, A LOT of these games would be GREAT on the Wii U. The problem is that the Nintendo fanboys are completely ignorant to the fact that there is this entire collection of games which they will never get to play and they are GREAT games, due to them refusing the acknowledge that the other platforms actually are pretty good platforms with pretty good games. This hurts Nintendo platforms at the end of the day. BO2 really shouldn't have sold as pish poorly as it has on the Wii U. Darksiders 2 shouldn't have sold as pish poorly as it has on the Wii U (Darksiders 2 is actually a PERFECT game for Nintendo fans as it fits perfectly at home with the type of games typical Nintendo fans love to play).

I mean, the fans really needs to own up to their share of the blame here. The fans themselves are giving third party publishers a bad sign. When third party publishers look at the Wii U and sees that clearly the only significant selling game on the new platform is basically NSMBU whilst even BO2 and the highly marketed ZombiU is doing relatively poorly, that's not telling the third party publishers that they should be putting resources into developing Wii U games because it really does not look like there's much of an audience for the games to begin with on the Wii U,
#10AsuirPosted 2/7/2013 11:53:53 AM
Kissdadookie is spot on. I've read so many posts here about how third party and multiplatform games suck. How the only games are first party Nintendo games and how that's all they need.

It sucks that Wii U owners are missing out on great games, but the fault lies with the fans. Third party games don't sell because the fans are too absorbed with Nintendo. They don't dare challenge what Nintendo says.
---
Ftw!