When NINTENDO did the same thing, all you fanchildren ate it up

#11SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/7/2013 12:22:22 PM
Remember when nintendo systems were the best ones out there.

Nes > Sega
Snes > genesis in games and power
N64 lol
game cube lol
wii lol but nintendo struck it rich getting the mega casuals
Wii u lol, but nintendo wont luck out this time
#12Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:27:22 PM
yeah. the wii u doesn't have an attractive/cheap gimmick for the masses to hook up on.

plus, the masses may be mindless but they aren't entirely stupid. many got burned by the original Wii. they never played it beyond the initial month of purchase despite spending hundreds on it. needless to say, it seems they've learned their lesson from then.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#13Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:55:51 PM
bump
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#14AsuirPosted 2/7/2013 12:58:28 PM
Newbie00 posted...
yeah. the wii u doesn't have an attractive/cheap gimmick for the masses to hook up on.

plus, the masses may be mindless but they aren't entirely stupid. many got burned by the original Wii. they never played it beyond the initial month of purchase despite spending hundreds on it. needless to say, it seems they've learned their lesson from then.

I was one of those that got burned, lol.

I bought it for Smash and then thought I'd pick up other games. Never picked up another game....
---
Ftw!
#15nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 1:00:20 PM
It's a bit different.

Yeah, TP was delayed for nearly a year. But Nintendo did use it to push Wii sales early on. This time it's vice versa.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#16Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:09:30 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
It's a bit different.

Yeah, TP was delayed for nearly a year. But Nintendo did use it to push Wii sales early on. This time it's vice versa.

Nintendo acted in their own interest, and now Ubi is acting in theirs.
---
#17Dark_Link92Posted 2/7/2013 2:11:12 PM(edited)
Nope, I remember people raging about TP, too. Plus, TP wasn't finished and damn-near ready to ship before it was delayed the best part of a year.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#18EasterEggHunterPosted 2/7/2013 2:14:49 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
Remember when nintendo systems were the best ones out there.

Nes > Sega
Snes > genesis in games and power
N64 lol
game cube lol
wii lol but nintendo struck it rich getting the mega casuals
Wii u lol, but nintendo wont luck out this time

Nope, we all know how dumb the general masses are. And If not Wii U will luck out anyway with the success of the 3DS, AND if not then Nintendo will have enough money to survive it's failure.
---
3DS Code: 5026-5030-0238 PM me.
Nintendo- What other gaming company has been around sincenthe 1800's?
#19Bahamut_10thPosted 2/7/2013 2:15:16 PM
Implying Wii owners who are just waiting for a reason to buy a Wii U don't like Rayman either.
#20RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/7/2013 2:20:01 PM
Newbie00 posted...
You can't please em all but you can try pleasing the most.

It's the best way to retain the fanbase.

Or they could release the practically finished Wii U game now, then spend the next 7 months or so developing the PS360 ports. Then they can please everyone.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)