When NINTENDO did the same thing, all you fanchildren ate it up

#21bleedingelitePosted 2/7/2013 2:20:24 PM
EasterEggHunter posted...
SonyHoundDawg posted...
Remember when nintendo systems were the best ones out there.

Nes > Sega
Snes > genesis in games and power
N64 lol
game cube lol
wii lol but nintendo struck it rich getting the mega casuals
Wii u lol, but nintendo wont luck out this time

Nope, we all know how dumb the general masses are. And If not Wii U will luck out anyway with the success of the 3DS, AND if not then Nintendo will have enough money to survive it's failure.

As somebody who skipped Wii and is now playing through the backlog of Wii games on Wii U, I have to say that it had some really, really good games.
#22DiscostewSMPosted 2/7/2013 2:22:40 PM
I don't recall Twilight Princess being delayed twice AND coming to competing platforms, so I don't see how this is the same thing.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#23Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:16:41 PM
RobotPirteGhost posted...
Newbie00 posted...
You can't please em all but you can try pleasing the most.

It's the best way to retain the fanbase.

Or they could release the practically finished Wii U game now, then spend the next 7 months or so developing the PS360 ports. Then they can please everyone.

I agree. But Ninty chose not to please everyone and the fanboys on this board didn't have a problem with it.

But now that it's Ubi, things have changeddddd.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#24Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:17:11 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
I don't recall Twilight Princess being delayed twice AND coming to competing platforms, so I don't see how this is the same thing.

Fans have to wait.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#25Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 3:18:56 PM
Newbie00 posted...
You can't please em all but you can try pleasing the most.

It's the best way to retain the fanbase.

Then tell me why they cannot possibly release the Wii U version at it's February date and then release the other versions in September? That would be everyone! It's not difficult to understand or difficult to do!
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#26Board_hunter567Posted 2/7/2013 3:21:47 PM(edited)
Twilight Princess was delayed not only for the Wii port, but because it was still being developed and refined.
Rayman Legends was more or less completed as far as anyone can tell and has a ridiculous 7 month delay for no reason.
#27nonexistingheroPosted 2/7/2013 3:29:41 PM
Newbie00 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
It's a bit different.

Yeah, TP was delayed for nearly a year. But Nintendo did use it to push Wii sales early on. This time it's vice versa.

Nintendo acted in their own interest, and now Ubi is acting in theirs.

They aren't. They're just acting stupid. The Wii U sales of Rayman Legends wouldn't have influenced the 360 & PS3 sales much. It could've sold 500k to 1 million at the very least on the Wii U. But now they'll release the game when there's many other big games coming. And they've royally pissed off pretty much every single Wii U owner that intended to get this game (which was very predictable).

The delay makes no sense at all and will most likely hurt them more.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#28Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:49:07 AM
Newbie00 posted...
It's a bit different.

Yeah, TP was delayed for nearly a year. But Nintendo did use it to push Wii sales early on. This time it's vice versa.

Nintendo acted in their own interest, and now Ubi is acting in theirs.

They aren't. They're just acting stupid. The Wii U sales of Rayman Legends wouldn't have influenced the 360 & PS3 sales much. It could've sold 500k to 1 million at the very least on the Wii U. But now they'll release the game when there's many other big games coming. And they've royally pissed off pretty much every single Wii U owner that intended to get this game (which was very predictable).

The delay makes no sense at all and will most likely hurt them more.

500 000 to 1 million? possibly. maybe a 50 percent chance of that. most likely would have sold less.
---
#29P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/8/2013 7:03:57 AM
1. Rayman Origins sold better on Wii
2. Holding off your game to compete against GTAV, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Pokemon, etc is commercial suicide.
3. The Zelda delay was actually quality control, and the Wii version is superior. The port also didn't take long to make.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece