Why doesn nintendo keep on releasing lackluster consoles

#1SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/7/2013 11:20:11 AM
Nintendo got lucky with the Wii capturing a ton of mega casul crowd. These are systems peoples moms bought, hell one my boss's at work whos in her 60's got one and they never video games a day in their lives.

The Wii U isnt going to spread like wild fire among the casuals this time.

Mario and Zelda. Are these truely enough to keep the console going nowadays? I dont think so. Some companies get critized for relrleasing a title with 3 sequels in one generation, but nintendos been releasing the same games for 20 years now. They dont have any good new 1st party IP's.

And what is nintendo going to get in the future to attract gamers? I know the Wii U is still new, but it can barely get equal versions of current 360 and PS3 games. Whats going to happen when the new consoles hit? The Wii U wont be able to complete at all.
#2denizengearPosted 2/7/2013 11:24:36 AM
a lot of what sold the original wii, besides the price, was the gimmick of motion controls. Now that the luster of swinging a controller like a sword has worn off nintendo now has to rely on their games to back up their system... so you can see why it has issues.
#3denizengearPosted 2/7/2013 11:35:20 AM
and yes, the games that are multiplat run better on consoles 7 years older.
#4McmadnessV3Posted 2/7/2013 11:37:22 AM
denizengear posted...
and yes, the games that are multiplat run better on consoles 7 years older.

Yes, stuff like that is extremely common for hardware and software.

Thats why its almost impossible to get a lot of older games running on modern computers without a dedicated program to run them.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.