Do you think Rayman lost its exclusivity because of the poor system sales?

#31Nate_DihldorffPosted 2/7/2013 3:37:40 PM
shawnmck posted...
Wii-U sales can only be "disappointing" to a troll or non Nintendo fanboy.

the Wii-U is selling better than both the PS3 & XB 360, and even sold better than the PS3 during its first year.
So how is the Wii-U sales "disappointing" ?

Just because the Wii-U isn't selling the same numbers as the Wii shouldn't be surprising or even considered "disappointing."

Like I said, the Wii-U is actually outselling both the PS3 & Xb 360....so how is that bad again ?

Some people just like to be pessimistic and run around like chicken-littles, claiming that "the sky is falling !"

It's outselling the Xbox 360 and PS3, eh? Care to back that up with any sort of proof?

Last I recall, the total sales numbers worldwide for each is ~70 million PS3, ~70 million Xbox 360, and ~3 million Wii U.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#32dark trunksPosted 2/7/2013 3:43:27 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
dark trunks posted...
I think it lost is exclusivity because Microsoft and Sony offered a decent chunk of cash to bring it over to their consoles. You can always guarantee money is involved.

Do you honestly think both Microsoft AND Sony paid Ubisoft for a low-budget, non-system seller? Really?

It's far more plausible than the other delusional theories. Money is always involved. And I'd sooner believe that than come across like a paranoid fool making up any old moronic theory that doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense.

You believe what you want to believe. Somewhere down the line, money is one of the factors in this decision.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#33bond465Posted 2/7/2013 3:43:34 PM
Most likely. If the system would have sold well, this most likely would not have happened.
#34TalicusPosted 2/7/2013 3:49:01 PM
It depends on what you call "poor". I don't think that it would've made a difference if the Wii U sold another 500,000 units or even a million units. I just think that Ubisoft as a publisher saw that this game also has potential on other systems and that the increased sales on the PS3/360 platforms more than make up for the few thousand lost sales on the Wii U.

It's a numbers game, 80 million (PS3) + 80 million (360) + 3.5 million (Wii U) has more potential than just the 3.5 million on the Wii U no matter how you slice it. And more likely than not making it seem like an "old" game by releasing it half a year later on the PS3 and 360 will hurt sales more than it will gain on the Wii U.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#35TheRealistKillaPosted 2/7/2013 3:53:44 PM
Game sales on wii u are a joke compared to other systems. developers cant afford to lose out on the other big major console sales. nintendo would have to out right pay a developer for the exclusive license on a game.

Nintendo has put themselves in a corner and the only chance it has is to release stellar A+ titles from yoshi, mario, zelda etc

this will make or break nintendo this year and forever
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#36LagunathemoronPosted 2/7/2013 4:16:16 PM
I know Adam from another board (313) and I know he isn't trolling.

I hate to say it but I agree with him. Ubisoft can't afford to lose out here... nobody can. I am happy tbh because Inloved Orifins on PS3 and I was worried aboht the transisition... but hey, what a blow to the system.
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/14a1xj.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/2vs25ic.png