Has Nintendo issued an official statement on why they lost Wii U exclusivity...

#11Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 12:50:51 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Imply that developers/publishers owe gamers anything.

They do if they state a game is coming out on a specific date for specific consoles only to have the game delayed a longer period of time. It demands an explanation.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#12HeaderHogPosted 2/7/2013 12:52:02 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
"We apologise but it's ok because another stale rehashed Zelda game is coming in three or four years' time."

lol this is the truth

"I say it's the truth" /=/ It's the truth.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#13mashuPosted 2/7/2013 12:53:11 PM
Trying to figure out why I should care or why anyone cares for that matter.
#14fhsfootball74Posted 2/7/2013 1:03:48 PM
The game was literally less than 3 weeks away from its release and they just now feel the need to tell us. Some of us have had the game bought and paid for; for quite sometime. I'd at least like a little explanation. If the sole reason is for a simultaneous release and the finished product is going to sit there for 6 months, well thats no cool.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#15PSOLavisPosted 2/7/2013 1:05:58 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
The game was literally less than 3 weeks away from its release and they just now feel the need to tell us. Some of us have had the game bought and paid for; for quite sometime. I'd at least like a little explanation. If the sole reason is for a simultaneous release and the finished product is going to sit there for 6 months, well thats no cool.

The only way companies care what you think is if a large group stops buying their games. If it really bugs you, stop ****ing and don't buy from them. That's what I did with capcom, and I know I'm not the first.
#16ClarkyMalarkyPosted 2/7/2013 1:08:20 PM
why is it Nintendo's fault again?

Oh wait, I know why! Because it's not.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#17TheBonfiniPosted 2/7/2013 1:12:19 PM
Nintendo forced Ubisofts hand in this matter. There just isn't the install base or projected sales to make releasing this game as Wii-U exclusive as lucrative as it would be to have a simultaneous release across all current gen systems like Wii-U and PS3.

It happened with Final Fantasy 13 too. This also caused a huge ruckus from people who thought Square had somehow betrayed them by making a more prudent business decision.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#18Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 1:13:20 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Nintendo forced Ubisofts hand in this matter. There just isn't the install base or projected sales to make releasing this game as Wii-U exclusive as lucrative as it would be to have a simultaneous release across all current gen systems like Wii-U and PS3.

It happened with Final Fantasy 13 too. This also caused a huge ruckus from people who thought Square had somehow betrayed them by making a more prudent business decision.

And yet Ubi could have easily released it to the Wii U and the ported it to the 360/PS3
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#19AhnoldDoodPosted 2/7/2013 1:15:01 PM
TheBonfini posted...

Isn't FFXIII a PS3 exclusive? You know, the brand FF was on for the longest? And how did Nintendo "force Ubisoft's hand"? Because the Wii U has yet to outsell 7 year old consoles in three months?
#20ClarkyMalarkyPosted 2/7/2013 2:28:36 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
TheBonfini posted...

Isn't FFXIII a PS3 exclusive? You know, the brand FF was on for the longest? And how did Nintendo "force Ubisoft's hand"? Because the Wii U has yet to outsell 7 year old consoles in three months?

FFXIII and it's future installments had been released/announced for the 360 as well. Learn to known what you're talking about.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.