XD at Rayman Legends not being exclusive anymore, ubisoft tries to explain it

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 2/7/2013 1:54:28 PM
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/07/ubisoft-attempts-to-explain-why-rayman-legends-is-no-longer-wii-u-exclusive/

“When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the people that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed. So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

“It’s a different kind of experience if you have the Wii U,” Poix said. “Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.”

---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2bleedingelitePosted 2/7/2013 1:55:00 PM
I don't understand why this is a big deal. Can you explain it to me?
#3lazycomplifePosted 2/7/2013 1:55:58 PM
Oh so that's why they have to put off on releasing a completed product. Makes sense.

I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#4Brandy1977Posted 2/7/2013 1:57:30 PM
This is how a company should act.Number one priority to please the fans,Capcom should make note and bring Monster Hunter to those who used to play it as well.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VExgt5d.png
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 2/7/2013 1:57:58 PM
So why was it delayed since NOW? They didn't notice this until NOW, months after the announcement?
#6YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:02:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 1:59:22 PM
Brandy1977 posted...
This is how a company should act.Number one priority to please the fans,Capcom should make note and bring Monster Hunter to those who used to play it as well.

Please the fans? They certainly aren't pleasing the hundreds of thousands of Wii U owners right now. The Ubisoft Facebook page is blowing up hardcore. They can release the game at the normal date for Wii U (even if its just on eshop) and then release the other versions in September.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8denizengearPosted 2/7/2013 1:59:31 PM
oh well yeah, with a gimmick controller it's practically a different game
#9bleedingelitePosted 2/7/2013 1:59:38 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
bleedingelite posted...

Probably because everyone was basking in it being exclusive, now its multiplat and delayed like 8 months

So what?
#10CcroybbPosted 2/7/2013 2:01:56 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
bleedingelite posted...

Probably because everyone was basking in it being exclusive, now its multiplat and delayed like 8 months

The big deal to me is that they're delaying the Wii U version even though it's already finished. I have a PS3 and not a Wii U, but I think this is a dick move, if true.