XD at Rayman Legends not being exclusive anymore, ubisoft tries to explain it

#11Brandy1977Posted 2/7/2013 2:03:28 PM
Virus66 posted...
Brandy1977 posted...
This is how a company should act.Number one priority to please the fans,Capcom should make note and bring Monster Hunter to those who used to play it as well.

Please the fans? They certainly aren't pleasing the hundreds of thousands of Wii U owners right now. The Ubisoft Facebook page is blowing up hardcore. They can release the game at the normal date for Wii U (even if its just on eshop) and then release the other versions in September.

But then that would not be fair to the PS/360 owners waiting for the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VExgt5d.png
#12TheBonfiniPosted 2/7/2013 2:03:48 PM
Why can't companies just be honest?

Having an exclusive partnership with Nintendo on this game would not net them anywhere near the money they can if the make it a simultaneous multi plat release.

It just isn't good business sense to work exclusively with Nintendo. They only shipped 3 million consoles. There will probably be almost double that by September when it releases and then the people who don't want to use the gimmicky screen controller tablet can just play it on their other current gen consoles, the PS3 or 360, which has a much larger user base.

Marketing the game to come out in a few weeks would diminish the hype when it releases on the other systems so they were kind of hand cuffed to screw Wii-U only owners, if they exist.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#13YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:04:32 PM
bleedingelite posted...
I don't understand why this is a big deal. Can you explain it to me?

Probably because everyone was basking in it being exclusive, now its multiplat and delayed like 8 months, the game is practicaly finished.

meant to edit my other post
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#14Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 2:05:58 PM
Brandy1977 posted...
Virus66 posted...
Brandy1977 posted...
This is how a company should act.Number one priority to please the fans,Capcom should make note and bring Monster Hunter to those who used to play it as well.

Please the fans? They certainly aren't pleasing the hundreds of thousands of Wii U owners right now. The Ubisoft Facebook page is blowing up hardcore. They can release the game at the normal date for Wii U (even if its just on eshop) and then release the other versions in September.

You mean the people who didn't know it was coming to their console until today?
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#15blazingsonicPosted 2/7/2013 2:08:49 PM
I was holding out on getting a Wii U for this game I'm not waitng 8 months, Guess it's just gonna start out as Sonic and Mario for me just like Super Paper Mario and Sonic and the Secret Rings did for the Wii for me.
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#16Beatperson14Posted 2/7/2013 2:11:01 PM
by definition

Lol they're using the 'ol next-gen tactic against them
#17Bahamut_10thPosted 2/7/2013 2:11:38 PM
Brandy1977 posted...
Virus66 posted...
Brandy1977 posted...

Oh man I so want to play FarCry 3 on Wii U.
Why won't they port it?! Ubisoft is so unfair to their fans!!!
#18CcroybbPosted 2/7/2013 2:13:11 PM
Brandy1977 posted...
Virus66 posted...
Brandy1977 posted...

It's more than fair. 360/PS3 owners are getting the game that was supposed to be Wii U exclusive on the same day as Wii U. The preferable thing would have been to release the Wii U version now and announce the 360/PS3 versions a few months down the line.
#19maximumbarmagePosted 2/7/2013 2:13:59 PM
Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal clearly hasn't seen the next six months of the Wii U release schedule.

The next six months at LEAST.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#20Omar_Comin_YoPosted 2/7/2013 2:14:43 PM
The Wii-U just can't compete alone.
---
All in the game, yo