rayman legends could have still come to wii u on feb 26

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 2/7/2013 1:56:21 PM
I mean it was complete and yet they delay the complete game till september,

Weird too but oh well. alot of games coming out this month espeically for 3ds.
#2CcroybbPosted 2/7/2013 2:00:04 PM
That's the big problem I have with Ubisoft. I was expecting them to port the game to other consoles, so that wasn't a big deal to me.
#3shawnmckPosted 2/7/2013 2:06:36 PM
The problem I have with it, is that there is NO reason not to release the game for the Wii-U in Feb.
All they are doing at ubi-Soft, is limiting Wii-U version sales considerably.

Its a DUMB move, if you ask me.

Let me put this into perspective....
lets say you developed a game for the Wii-U, and pushed it and announced it, and is within just a few weeks of release....
Then all of a sudden, you announce that not only it is going to be released for the other consoles as well, but that you will hold off releasing the game for the Wii-U, just so that XB 360 7 PS3 owners don't get butt-hurt that Wii-U owners get to play the game first.

They are in essence flipping Wii-U owners the middle-finger.
#4Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 2:09:11 PM
shawnmck posted...
The problem I have with it, is that there is NO reason not to release the game for the Wii-U in Feb.

They have no reason to delay a finished game. That's the point. You can't say it's not done because Ubi themselves said that it was delayed ONLY to work on the other versions. No one is asking anything unreasonable of Ubisoft. Just do what EVERY OTHER dev studio does and just release the ports at a later time.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5TheBonfiniPosted 2/7/2013 2:13:01 PM
Virus66 posted...
shawnmck posted...

They have no reason to delay a finished game. That's the point. You can't say it's not done because Ubi themselves said that it was delayed ONLY to work on the other versions. No one is asking anything unreasonable of Ubisoft. Just do what EVERY OTHER dev studio does and just release the ports at a later time.

The game is releasing simultaneously on all current gen platforms in September.

Hypothetically, do you think that they would net more profits by marketing the game now for release on a system with a tiny install base, just to expend marketing budget to do it all over again months later?

Also, not many people get hyped up over ports of "old games". That is just the facts.

I truly believe Ubisoft makes more money by delaying the game overall. Not to mention, the Wii-U install base could be at 5 million by September, also increasing its potential to sell.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#6CcroybbPosted 2/7/2013 2:15:38 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Virus66 posted...
shawnmck posted...

Hypothetically, do you think that they would net more profits by marketing the game now for release on a system with a tiny install base, just to expend marketing budget to do it all over again months later?

Also, not many people get hyped up over ports of "old games". That is just the facts.

I truly believe Ubisoft makes more money by delaying the game overall. Not to mention, the Wii-U install base could be at 5 million by September, also increasing its potential to sell.

Ubisoft gains nothing from this. They piss off the Wii U owners, and the people begging for the ports are going to be getting Grand Theft Auto instead.
#7jmichaelbpPosted 2/7/2013 2:18:17 PM
I think the game will be a flop now that it's coming out in September.
Why?
GTA5...
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#8BSerenityPosted 2/7/2013 2:27:44 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Virus66 posted...
shawnmck posted...

You seem to forget about the heavy hitter that is GTA V...
You seem to forget about the PS4/next Box potential release...
You seem to forget about the really hyped up games that will be releasing between now and September...

Rayman is going to die... Plain and simple...

Ubisoft has a much better chance of making it's money with the Wii U release (Feb.) and then make a cheap (but good) port (June or July) and banking some more money...

Happy for it going multiplat, but disappointed the Wii U version is being held back when the game is ready now...
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!