Let me see if I can get this straight.

#1bladedwraith1Posted 2/7/2013 4:14:16 PM
I own all three home consoles.

I have put some thought into this and although its not rocket science, I often get irritated when I come to this board.. because 80% of the posts are negative bashing posts.

Constructive criticism is great, but most people really just troll. But anyways, here is what I gather.

Xbox: You get a solid online play ( yes you pay, but face it, its better than Sony's ). Thats good right there, I often also like the simplicity of the setup of the xbox, the controller, the interface, etc. Ok. you also get mediocre 1st Party titles. Halo, gears.. fable? Really, that is all I can think of that's really popular. However, you get very good 3rd party support and often times, DLC before anyone else.

So... the Xbox seems like its a very good system.

Ok, Ps3, Blu-ray is nice, 1st party titles are much better than the 360, but many games seem to have more bugs or less DLC readily available. The online is not bad.. but, not as good as MS. However, still a great system and with the Vita and cross play, its a little more fun too.

Wii/Wii U ( really just Nintendo ) Ok, the setup for the Wii U outside of the terrible loading isnt bad. The 1st party titles are very very good and although lacks in 3rd party , it is getting slightly better. ( If you come in here saying Rayman BLAH BLAH I'm going to punch you, most people with half a brain knew that wouldn't stay. ) The consoles remain fairly Innovative and offer unique gameplay experiences.

So... Why do we all argue? Why do we all fight over whats the best when clearly they all have Strengths and weaknesses.

I just get so confused, I sat and thought about the positives and negatives and honestly.... I don't get it.

TL:DR Yay video games.
#2FoppePosted 2/7/2013 4:15:46 PM
I can clearly see that you use logic.
You must stop using logic, and you will fit in perfectly.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3lazycomplifePosted 2/7/2013 4:15:55 PM
Rayman BLAH BLAH
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#4wingo84Posted 2/7/2013 4:16:33 PM
Because a lot of people who game have testosterone and since gamers dont play sports they need to have the biggest and strongest co... console to win at being a man. True Story
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#5OrangeCrush980Posted 2/7/2013 4:17:02 PM
Wii U is a 7th gen console released near the end of the 7th gen. Also third parties hate it and won't release any multiplats and it'll lose a good chunk of its exclusives. And Nintendo's online setup is garbage compared to Sony's and Microsoft's.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#6TheRealistKillaPosted 2/7/2013 4:18:37 PM
The 1st party titles are very very good and although lacks in 3rd party

lolol theres like two first party titles and they iz alright. no need to trip
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#7bladedwraith1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:19:09 PM
Exclusives.. you mean Rayman?

A chunk, define chunk?

I mean do people REALLY think it will lose Mario, Metroid, Zelda... etc.
So.. what will it lose? Bayonetta? Oh well.
Monster Hunter? Isn't really an exclusive in terms of the series.. so..

Please, define chunk And do not use games that are non meaningful.
#8RedOrionPosted 2/7/2013 4:19:27 PM
OrangeCrush980 posted...
Wii U is a 7th gen console released near the end of the 7th gen. Also third parties hate it and won't release any multiplats and it'll lose a good chunk of its exclusives. And Nintendo's online setup is garbage compared to Sony's and Microsoft's.

Great thanks for posting, TC i believe this is what you are talking about. bottom line is fanboys will be fanboys , for some reason they like to congregate in the Wii U board.
#9playboydojoPosted 2/7/2013 4:19:37 PM
Because buying a console is choosing a team. It's like asking why people care about football teams they're not playing on. Being tribal is natural, so people tend to do it. And it's fun, so people don't want to stop doing it.

Pick a side and fight in this war!
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#10bladedwraith1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:20:30 PM
I think I'd rather just play video games in general.