Not even the Dreamcast had this much flack from developers

#11silverbulltPosted 2/7/2013 4:09:05 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Hey, everybody! Lets just say things and have no proof of it!

Do you even have a Wii U lol?
After Buretsu, I wouldn't be surprised.

And what does owning the console have to do with what devs say?

So many people adamant to defend the Wii U when in reality they don't even own one.
cute
Just sayin
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#12AhnoldDoodPosted 2/7/2013 4:10:51 PM
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

So many people adamant to defend the Wii U when in reality they don't even own one.
cute
Just sayin

So its wrong to be positive about a console you don't own, but perfectly fine to troll it? Cute.
#13MechaKoopa5000Posted 2/7/2013 4:16:36 PM(edited)
Oh, and for the record, when people (myself, at least) throw the word "doomed" around in regards to Wii U, it's not regarding sales. I don't really give a crap if it's sold more than _______ in _______ amount of time if that doesn't mean more quality games are on the way. It bugs the hell out of me that big third party games aren't coming to Wii U. A lot of developers are saying they don't want to "half ass" it or that they can't think of a way to use the screen... but what they don't seem to understand is BECAUSE they're ports, they DO get a free pass.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, will complain if BioShock Infinite comes to Wii U and the tablet's only feature is that it allows off-screen play. Off-screen play is highly underrated. That feature ALONE is awesome. You don't need to do any more than that. Should there be more quality Wii U exclusives? Yeah (no thanks to Ubisoft), but in the meantime, let's bring over some of the games that other console owners are looking forward to. Wii U is more than capable of handling them.

Now, I own a 360 as well. I just would MUCH rather be playing these games on the Wii U.
#14MechaKoopa5000Posted 2/7/2013 4:16:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15silverbulltPosted 2/7/2013 4:17:04 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

cute
Just sayin

So its wrong to be positive about a console you don't own, but perfectly fine to troll it? Cute.

Neither
Just cute that some people are so active in something that they have no ownership of. Kinda like a wannabe fanboy.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#16SegavsCapcomPosted 2/7/2013 4:29:06 PM
You act as if the Dreamcast was the flop to end all flops.

It wasn't.

The Atari Jaguar, the Lynx, the Games.com, the Virtual Boy, and the 32X all flopped significantly harder.

And what devs are you talking about?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#17mjc0961Posted 2/7/2013 4:38:53 PM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
there were only like 3-4 worthwhile games for the system spread out over the course of an entire year between 2009-2012.

You must have a horrible taste in games, then.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#18MechaKoopa5000Posted 2/7/2013 5:42:50 PM
mjc0961 posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
there were only like 3-4 worthwhile games for the system spread out over the course of an entire year between 2009-2012.

You must have a horrible taste in games, then.

I'm saying each year (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012) only had a few games spread out over the course of an entire year. Not that only 3-4 games came out in those 4 years. Still, lackluster.
#19TNist1048Posted 2/11/2013 3:26:10 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
You act as if the Dreamcast was the flop to end all flops.

It wasn't.

The Atari Jaguar, the Lynx, the Games.com, the Virtual Boy, and the 32X all flopped significantly harder.

And what devs are you talking about?

Don't forget that the Dreamcast was also the bastion of homebrewing up until 2012. In any event it's far too early to tell if the Wii U is a failure or not. The first year fro a console is the worst because there aren't many games out there. Now are there legitimate complaints about the console? Oh yeah, the load times in particular for its in house applications are astoundingly bad, the UI is garbage (Who thought that having to hold A down on an application image to install downloadable content for a downloaded game was a good idea?), we're getting hit with shovelware again. The console still has potential though if Nintendo would just address some of these issues.
#20TrueBlue91Posted 2/11/2013 3:30:03 AM
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
silverbullt posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

cute
Just sayin

Buretsu didn't even have a Wii U? How do you know?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me