Not even the Dreamcast had this much flack from developers

#21nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 3:31:52 AM
Meh. Even if 3rd parties mostly abandon the Wii U, I'm pretty sure Nintendo can support it on their own. They've done so before in the past anyway.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22nonexistingheroPosted 2/11/2013 3:38:17 AM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
Oh, and for the record, when people (myself, at least) throw the word "doomed" around in regards to Wii U, it's not regarding sales. I don't really give a crap if it's sold more than _______ in _______ amount of time if that doesn't mean more quality games are on the way. It bugs the hell out of me that big third party games aren't coming to Wii U. A lot of developers are saying they don't want to "half ass" it or that they can't think of a way to use the screen... but what they don't seem to understand is BECAUSE they're ports, they DO get a free pass.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, will complain if BioShock Infinite comes to Wii U and the tablet's only feature is that it allows off-screen play. Off-screen play is highly underrated. That feature ALONE is awesome. You don't need to do any more than that. Should there be more quality Wii U exclusives? Yeah (no thanks to Ubisoft), but in the meantime, let's bring over some of the games that other console owners are looking forward to. Wii U is more than capable of handling them.

Now, I own a 360 as well. I just would MUCH rather be playing these games on the Wii U.

I agree with you. Developers are being cheap & lazy because they don't want to invest into learning the Wii U's architecture. Direct porting gives them lesser results than the other consoles, and they're too cheap to invest. All it takes is optimizing their current engines so it works well with the Wii U. Yeah, might not result in immediate profit. But it makes for easy porting and also gives you a headstart on Wii U development. Should be a very smart decision in the long run.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#23Wiiplayer111Posted 2/11/2013 3:38:45 AM
I already feel this system has more 3rd party support than the Wii. Not only that Nintendo has shown they can run a console with no 3rd parties(Nintendo 64 and Wii).

People think Nintendo doesn't have a plan. But considering they are the only ones still standing from the 70s and that they've been making games since 1889, and they've been planning Wii U since 2006, I think they got this covered.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#24DynheartPosted 2/11/2013 3:53:13 AM
The gaming industry has really lost it's way if you ask me.

30 years ago? It was about the games.
25 years ago? It was about the games.

We can go all the way up until 6th gen. This is where things got hairy. In the end, though, the gamer's won that battle. 3 great consoles with great games all around!

7th gen? It went from games, to a huge slog/PR fest. Not only that, but the gamer's are an afterthought. If the profits, mind you there's still profit to be had, don't look like it will meet their percentile? Just smear the publishers name, that get's rid of the problem...sort of.

Now we have twitter. Don't get me started on this...but you can put 2 and 2 together.

The industry is a mess.
---
Currently playing: L.A Noire, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#25ChipChippersonPosted 2/11/2013 4:00:26 AM
Dynheart posted...
The gaming industry has really lost it's way if you ask me.

30 years ago? It was about the games.
25 years ago? It was about the games.

We can go all the way up until 6th gen. This is where things got hairy. In the end, though, the gamer's won that battle. 3 great consoles with great games all around!

7th gen? It went from games, to a huge slog/PR fest. Not only that, but the gamer's are an afterthought. If the profits, mind you there's still profit to be had, don't look like it will meet their percentile? Just smear the publishers name, that get's rid of the problem...sort of.

Now we have twitter. Don't get me started on this...but you can put 2 and 2 together.

The industry is a mess.

And we've gone from ''Oh our game sold/reviewed poorly? I guess we'll just have to try harder next time'' to ''Our game sold/reviewed poorly? Shut down the developer, blame the hardware manufacturer and cancel all future projects on the hardware.''

This industry as we know it isn't long for the world, their business practices are just so g-damn backwards and toxic.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#26shaunmePosted 2/11/2013 4:04:40 AM
Buretsu admitted to not owning a Wii U, or a Wii or a gamecube.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#27Oni_TaedoPosted 2/11/2013 4:31:56 AM
omniryu posted...
Didn't it took the dreamcast four years to reach 10 million? And the Wii U did 3 million in 2-3 months?

3 million in just over 1 month, actually.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#28JackalPosted 2/11/2013 5:11:14 AM
Weren't devs loving and praising it pre-release? Back when they were NDA'd into submission and forced not to say much if anything about the console?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#29BigtakillaPosted 2/12/2013 3:05:45 AM
My two cents revolve around the laziness of the developers as well. Since when did the "oh, we don't like the architecture of a console so we just aren't going to make games for the system" come into play. What a cop out. Then developers ask why they aren't selling games. Make games multi platform all the way down the line. Giving the most people access to a game will ultimately mean a higher number of games sold. It's not that difficult. Especially now that all the consoles can (as of now, in theory) display the same graphics.
#30pearl arowanaPosted 2/12/2013 3:40:07 AM
at dreamcast have the power to compete with the competition

wii u is about ps3 and 360 level.. hence why most developer dnt bother to develop their games on it,... sad
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]