Rayman exclusivity cancelled due to poor sales CONFIRMED

#1shaunmePosted 2/7/2013 5:26:51 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/ubisoft_nintendo_will_make_necessary_changes_to_wii_u
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#2Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 5:28:13 PM
So in other words Ubisoft is run by idiots?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3Beatperson14Posted 2/7/2013 5:29:50 PM
Price drop I knew it **** yeah
#4shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:30:23 PM
Baha05 posted...

cry more.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#5Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 5:30:45 PM
In other words:

"We will let Nintendo be the ones to put out the good games"
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#6Baha05Posted 2/7/2013 5:31:32 PM
shaunme posted...
cry more.

Good Rebuttal, shows how much of a not troll you are.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7Helmsly2008Posted 2/7/2013 5:34:04 PM
Baha05 posted...

I don't see what is so idiotic about this. The Wii U hasn't sold as well as they had hoped and as a result, Ubisoft don't see how Rayman can sell enough copies on the Wii U to turn a profit. The only thing they can do is make it a multiplatform release to compensate for that.

Its actually good business sense in a situation like this.
#8ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/7/2013 5:34:06 PM
Honestly, pretty pissed. The game is finished. On NeoGAF a quote from one of the developers was posted. He said he and his team have been working overtime and weekends for six months to make sure it hit their February release date. He's pissed about the delay, we're pissed about the delay. Everyone's pissed about the delay.

There will be other games out by September. This suddenly is no longer a must buy.
#9SoaringDivePosted 2/7/2013 5:34:13 PM
As a non-Wii U owner, I'm glad that I'll be able to play the sequel to my favourite platformer this gen without having to shell out big money for a new console. But, from a business perspective, Rayman is not going to be a franchise any longer if Ubisoft keeps this up.

What is this, the 7th time it's been delayed? (hyperbole) Not only has it been a while since the game was unveiled, but by the time it comes out nobody will be that interested. It'll be known as "That Walmart Demo" and that'll be it.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#10PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/7/2013 5:36:03 PM
ElectricKaibutu posted...
Honestly, pretty pissed. The game is finished. On NeoGAF a quote from one of the developers was posted. He said he and his team have been working overtime and weekends for six months to make sure it hit their February release date. He's pissed about the delay, we're pissed about the delay. Everyone's pissed about the delay.

There will be other games out by September. This suddenly is no longer a must buy.

This. Was looking forward to playin this one this month :/
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.