Terrible day for Nintendo and Wii U owners..

#11goemon1977(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:58:29 PM
bskiffington posted...
I own a Wii U and my day has been just fine. I don't care about Rayman being delayed. Legends was a terrible game and I wouldn't waste any more money buying Origins anyways.

I understand what you mean, it's not that much about Rayman itself, but the fact that a void is growing between releases, it pretty much leaves us with MH and that's it. It kind of signifies a growing hole in the Wii U line up. Sure we have all of the staple Nintendo games coming, but let's be honest we won't see any of the big first party games until the end of the year.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#12geneticsftwPosted 2/7/2013 5:59:47 PM
First EA goes from big supporter to not, now another big supporter is wavering.
---
Sweet
#13Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 6:02:40 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
bskiffington posted...
I own a Wii U and my day has been just fine. I don't care about Rayman being delayed. Legends was a terrible game and I wouldn't waste any more money buying Origins anyways.

I agree completely. Who really takes news like this seriously? You guys tears give trolls ammo because Rayman is coming to ALL systems. Big deal? If this was Mario or Zelda then yea its bad.

It's the pointless delay, not the loss of exclusivity. The game is done and waiting for release. They only delayed it so the other versions can be released at the same time (their words, not mine). Why not release it now for Wii U and later when their respective ports are done? Makes no sense. Not cool by any stretch.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#14GameKing59Posted 2/7/2013 6:35:36 PM
I am actually really worried for Nintendo right now. Regardless of how you feel about them, if they are forced to file for bankruptcy, or drop out of the console race altogether, it will be a great loss felt all throughout the game industry, and be a crushing blow to many of its fans.
#15PSOLavisPosted 2/7/2013 6:37:44 PM
I think it is actually a good learning experience from nintendo. Strong companies and people learn and grow from their mistakes. Nintendo isn't sega, so they should do better next generation if they get their act together. That or they need to stick with handhelds and software, and ditch the consoles all together.
#16abbyhitterPosted 2/7/2013 6:37:45 PM
Things to get me to buy a Wii U sooner:
- price drop or really good sale at Walmart, Target, or GameStop
- bring out the 1st party ace titles like Super Mario, Zelda, and X
- price drop on digital retail games
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#17DarkMarc009Posted 2/7/2013 6:38:18 PM
bskiffington posted...

You got your games mixed up.
#18nickvd8Posted 2/7/2013 6:39:14 PM
DarkMarc009 posted...
bskiffington posted...

You got your games mixed up.

lol
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#19tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/7/2013 6:43:32 PM
GameKing59 posted...
I am actually really worried for Nintendo right now. Regardless of how you feel about them, if they are forced to file for bankruptcy, or drop out of the console race altogether, it will be a great loss felt all throughout the game industry, and be a crushing blow to many of its fans.

Extremely premature. They have a mountain of cash and no debt. Sony for example has a mountain of debt and are selling off assets. Who should REALLY be worried...
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#20goemon1977(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:49:48 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
GameKing59 posted...

Extremely premature. They have a mountain of cash and no debt. Sony for example has a mountain of debt and are selling off assets. Who should REALLY be worried...

While you are not incorrect about Sony, although they really have nothing to worry about, their console will sell well and get all the support it needs, this is about Nintendo dropping the ball with 3rd party support...again. This is about companies losing faith in them, companies that are a big deal, this is about losing exclusives, and poor sales. I want Nintendo to succeed, it is painful to watch them falter like this.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677