What was the exact quote Kotick said about the Wii Us poor sales?

#1cabcalloway1983Posted 2/7/2013 5:44:45 PM
Or a link.
#2The_King82Posted 2/7/2013 5:45:39 PM
"The Wii U is Pii U".
#3SocranPosted 2/7/2013 5:49:43 PM(edited)
Oh god, we have a new quote from Kotick? This'll be gold. I wonder if it'll be anywhere near his "We hope to exploit the popularity of this series year after year" or "We've pretty much taken all the fun out of making games" (both of which were said with pride).

That guy's only use is as a reference point for how terrible this industry can be sometimes.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4cabcalloway1983(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:48:38 PM
The_King82 posted...
"The Wii U is Pii U".

Was hearing there would be no more Call of Duty games for Wii U and Activision was gonna pull support (rumored)
#5SocranPosted 2/7/2013 5:53:03 PM(edited)
So this is all I found.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/186280/Activisions_Bobby_Kotick_on_Wii_Us_disappointment_nextgen_dev_costs.php

"As you know, we were somewhat disappointed with the launch of the Wii U. I think it's a challenging environment this year, and one of the things we are concerned about is what the install base of hardware will be like for six-to-eleven year-olds.

"But we have a lot of confidence in the franchise for the longterm.[Note: He's referring to Skylanders, not the Wii U] I think we're delivering another great product this year."

Posted 49 minutes ago. That's the only mention of Wii U in the article.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6arvilinoPosted 2/7/2013 5:53:20 PM
"Increasing development costs, smaller campaigns"
#7Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 5:54:26 PM
Socran posted...
So this is all I found.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/186280/Activisions_Bobby_Kotick_on_Wii_Us_disappointment_nextgen_dev_costs.php

"As you know, we were somewhat disappointed with the launch of the Wii U. I think it's a challenging environment this year, and one of the things we are concerned about is what the install base of hardware will be like for six-to-eleven year-olds.

"But we have a lot of confidence in the franchise for the longterm.[Note: He's referring to Skylanders, not the Wii U] I think we're delivering another great product this year."

Posted 49 minutes ago. That's the only mention of Wii U in the article.

That first quote is taken out of context pretty heavily. They were talking about the future of the Skylanders franchise as well for that.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8SocranPosted 2/7/2013 6:03:28 PM
Virus66 posted...
That first quote is taken out of context pretty heavily. They were talking about the future of the Skylanders franchise as well for that.

Yeah, I included the header when I copy/pasted, but it didn't come through. I tried to compensate by editing in a note about the second statement being about Skylanders, but I guess I forgot to include that "six-to-eleven-year-olds" was also referring to Skylanders.
---