A lot of immaturity from you guys about Ubisoft

#1ElGadoPosted 2/7/2013 4:50:59 PM
Let me remind you, Ubisoft is in business to make money. Obviously, they are not confident that the game will sell well on Wii U.

Luckily for Wii U owners, you will actually get to play the game because most of the third party is ready to jump ship. You can feel it.
#2Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 4:51:42 PM
Well, let me assure you that releasing ANY game in the same time frame as GTA V is NOT a good business move.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3mjc0961Posted 2/7/2013 4:53:18 PM
ElGado posted...
Ubisoft is in business to make money.

Then why are they doing something that pretty much ensures they will not make money?

Also, every company is in business to make money, but not all of them s*** on their customers to try to do it (and are generally more successful as a result), so this "defense" is useless.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/7/2013 4:54:32 PM
Virus66 posted...
Well, let me assure you that releasing ANY game in the same time frame as GTA V is NOT a good business move.

Take the people who enjoy a game such as Grand Theft Auto, now take a game such as Rayman Legends.

Who the hell would play Raman if they're a GTA fan?

Go from killing innocent people on the street, to playing with cute cartoon animals? Seriously, two different demographics of people. Sure, some may like both but generally mostly everyone does not enjoy both types of games
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#5ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:54:49 PM
mjc0961 posted...
ElGado posted...

Then why are they doing something that pretty much ensures they will not make money?

Also, every company is in business to make money, but not all of them s*** on their customers to try to do it (and are generally more successful as a result), so this "defense" is useless.

I hope you're kidding. Ubisoft will make no money if their game is exclusive to Wii U.
#6Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 5:00:13 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Virus66 posted...

Take the people who enjoy a game such as Grand Theft Auto, now take a game such as Rayman Legends.

Go from killing innocent people on the street, to playing with cute cartoon animals? Seriously, two different demographics of people. Sure, some may like both but generally mostly everyone does not enjoy both types of games

Even if you don't like both (which many do), in terms of recollection of which games are coming out and in terms of advertising, GTA will completely overshadow Rayman. Plus Wind Waker HD and Mario Kart will likely be out around the same time. Plus the next xbox and ps are rumored to release. People will be saving money for those as well. Remember, it's not just the immediate time frame but it extends into the holidays as well. Who knows what else fits in that time frame since it's a really popular time to release games. They went from having nearly 0 competition in pretty much any genre right now to a spot inundated with releases. Not a wise move.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#7bartz90Posted 2/7/2013 5:01:12 PM
mjc0961 posted...
ElGado posted...

This move guarantees they will make more money. Release an anticipated game for an install base of 3 million or a combined base of 143 million? HMMMM

Ubisoft is not s***ing on their customers at all, they listened to all their fans who bought Origins on the 360 and PS3 which both outsold the Wii version and who they snubbed with Wii U exclusivity after initially dodging the question.

Stop being a butthurt fanboy about it.
---
-
#8XinundraPosted 2/7/2013 5:03:21 PM
ElGado posted...
mjc0961 posted...
ElGado posted...

I hope you're kidding. Ubisoft will make no money if their game is exclusive to Wii U.

You're not understanding thing, People are not mad at Ubisoft for wanting to make make and cancelling the exclusive status. People are mad at Ubisoft for delaying a finished game for 7 whole months just so they can release it with the other to platforms. The same month that one of the biggest title - GTA 5 will be releasing.
---
NNID: Huynhs
#9bartz90Posted 2/7/2013 5:03:35 PM
Virus66 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Virus66 posted...

Even if you don't like both (which many do), in terms of recollection of which games are coming out and in terms of advertising, GTA will completely overshadow Rayman. Plus Wind Waker HD and Mario Kart will likely be out around the same time. Plus the next xbox and ps are rumored to release. People will be saving money for those as well. Remember, it's not just the immediate time frame but it extends into the holidays as well. Who knows what else fits in that time frame since it's a really popular time to release games. They went from having nearly 0 competition in pretty much any genre right now to a spot inundated with releases. Not a wise move.

Call of Duty and the Wii U launch could not overshadow Assassin's Creed 3 which sold 12 million along with 600,000 for the Vita with Liberation. Ubisoft doesn't seem to be worried about being overshadowed.
---
-
#10DTY3Posted 2/7/2013 5:08:06 PM
TC stop white knighting.

If they wanted money theyd release it as scheduled and THEN port it.

Now it's gonna tank.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.