A lot of immaturity from you guys about Ubisoft

#11Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 5:09:35 PM
DTY3 posted...
TC stop white knighting.

If they wanted money theyd release it as scheduled and THEN port it.

Now it's gonna tank.

This. I don't see how it's such an issue. Ubisoft clearly has some other reason for their actions, and their statement about the matters says as much.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#12csalvi42Posted 2/7/2013 5:10:18 PM
yes rayman will only look less unique pitted against nintendos fall lineup and staples like pikmin, wonderful 101, and new mario game. Like others have said now would have been a great time to release the game as many wiiU owners, while small in number, are dying for new quality content. I'm afraid this game will get lost in the pile of great games that come out multi-console in the fall.
---
White Version FC: 0991 1102 7167
Heart Gold FC: 4898 8264 5300
#13ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:11:06 PM
Virus66 posted...
DTY3 posted...
TC stop white knighting.

If they wanted money theyd release it as scheduled and THEN port it.

Now it's gonna tank.

This. I don't see how it's such an issue. Ubisoft clearly has some other reason for their actions, and their statement about the matters says as much.

You know it's bad when you Nintendrones wont even admit that Nintendo third party games sell poor. It's a flat out fact.
#14DarkAdonis123Posted 2/7/2013 5:17:05 PM
Lol@ people claiming the game won't sell because it's coming out in the same month as GTA. You act like they're even targeting the same audiences. Whatever you have to tell yourselves to feel better about the game now being a multiplat.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#15ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/7/2013 5:28:25 PM
No one is angry about it going multiplat. People are angry about the delay of a finished game.

In eating dinner with friends it's polite to wait for everyone's food to be ready before eating. I don't think that same etiquette applies to video games. My food is cooked, I'm hungry, and I want to eat it.
#16gmaster 2674Posted 2/7/2013 5:41:29 PM
ElGado posted...

You know it's bad when you Nintendrones wont even admit that Nintendo third party games sell poor. It's a flat out fact.

For some reason you keep ignoring the fact that it'll compete with GTA5 of all things. Yes, yes, completely different demographics, but it happens all the time. Legends is going to very likely tank because of this.
---
Happy alt of Banjo2553!
#17PSOLavisPosted 2/7/2013 5:42:59 PM
gmaster 2674 posted...
ElGado posted...

For some reason you keep ignoring the fact that it'll compete with GTA5 of all things. Yes, yes, completely different demographics, but it happens all the time. Legends is going to very likely tank because of this.

GTA 5 is probably going to suck like gta 4 did, also...different demographics...also some people aren't poor and irish and can afford 2 games a month...
#18ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/7/2013 5:46:27 PM
gmaster 2674 posted...
ElGado posted...

Yes, different demographics, but I personally will be buying GTA over Rayman. I just don't have enough free time to play both. So Ubisoft is losing one sale at least.
#19Skill4ReelPosted 2/7/2013 6:05:52 PM
bartz90 posted...

Call of Duty and the Wii U launch could not overshadow Assassin's Creed 3 which sold 12 million along with 600,000 for the Vita with Liberation. Ubisoft doesn't seem to be worried about being overshadowed.

Are you really insinuating that a Rayman title is going to get anything close to the marketing budget, and generate as much hype around it's release as Assassin's Creed? The two games are in completely different ballparks. Maybe Ubisoft isn't worried, but they should be.
#20bond465Posted 2/7/2013 6:09:17 PM
ElGado posted...
Let me remind you, Ubisoft is in business to make money. Obviously, they are not confident that the game will sell well on Wii U.

Luckily for Wii U owners, you will actually get to play the game because most of the third party is ready to jump ship. You can feel it.

Its not that it wont sell well. It will sell well to the 2.5/3 million consoles out there. Its just that the system is not meeting sales expectations so they go multiplat.