Wii U losing 3rd party exclusives a huge blow on Nintendo

#11wskingwsPosted 2/7/2013 5:46:59 PM
Stefan1277 posted...
Nah, it's a huge blow to cheap people. Gamers are obsessive, they want to stick to one console just to see others fail because that's human nature. They want everything in what they have to prove to be superior, that's why they want Nintendo to go third party, so they can have the games they desperately want to play but can't because their primitive minds tells them to stick to their loyalist, fanboy obsession.

Not having the usual, borderline casual games the others have doesn't mean it's a blow, it has it's own weapons to fight back since they don't depend on third party games for it.

You don't buy a Nintendo console saying "OH MY GAWD I want call of duty and grand theft auto and whatever else other generic shooter they give us!" you go something like "I want zelda, smash bros, metroid, f zero (hopefully), fire emblem, mother (for those that want it) the new monolith game, kirby" etc etc.

If you're buying a Wii U solely to play *any* game you want, and not Nintendo franchises for the most part... then, get a damn gaming PC.

This guy speaks the truth in his wall of text
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN
#12bond465Posted 2/7/2013 5:49:31 PM
darkjedilink posted...
They lost ONE exclusive, that Ubisoft said a couple of months back may not be eternally exclusive anyway.

They still have Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Lego City and SMTxFE.

Also, isn't Ken's Rage 2 an exclusive?

it sets a precedent. If other devs see Ubisoft doing this...they might follow.
#13DarkSoldierX99Posted 2/7/2013 5:49:56 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
i wonder if this will be nintendo's last console

Me too, this is honestly the first time I ever thought this, and I have been a fan since the 80s. I mean portable gaming is in good shape for Nintendo but I really do question if they will ever bother with a home console again. So sad.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.
#14ixoria(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:50:17 PM
nickvd8 posted...
ixoria posted...
I was planning on getting Wii U but with 3rd party exclusives starting to shrink. I have no more reason to even consider one.

You act like a whole list of exclusives got taken away, it's one game. And it's not like they cancelled the Wii U version altogether it's still coming but to more systems so that more people can enjoy it. I really don't see the issue.

You act like there was a list in the first place.
#15nickvd8Posted 2/7/2013 5:51:02 PM
bond465 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
They lost ONE exclusive, that Ubisoft said a couple of months back may not be eternally exclusive anyway.

You're right because Ubisoft is a pioneer in the gaming industry, everybody just lines up to follow them. Maybe Capcom or Konami will release a laser tag game like Ubisoft did, they're full of epic ideas.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#16darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 5:51:55 PM
bond465 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Actually, it doesn't, since at no point were any of those other games suggested to have only timed exclusivity like Rayman did.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#17DarkSoldierX99Posted 2/7/2013 5:55:03 PM
bond465 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Ding ding ding ding ding. This is the cause for alarm I mean look at EAs take on the WiiU, now Ubisoft which used to be one of the few developers that supported the Wii is turning their noses up to the U. It's the long term is what most people are worried about here.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.
#18darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 5:57:59 PM
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
bond465 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Ding ding ding ding ding. This is the cause for alarm I mean look at EAs take on the WiiU, now Ubisoft which used to be one of the few developers that supported the Wii is turning their noses up to the U. It's the long term is what most people are worried about here.

Ubisoft hinted it would lose exclusivity months ago. Why is it a huge problem now?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#19Mindwipe77Posted 2/7/2013 5:58:36 PM
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

Me too, this is honestly the first time I ever thought this, and I have been a fan since the 80s. I mean portable gaming is in good shape for Nintendo but I really do question if they will ever bother with a home console again. So sad.

yeah this wii stuff is cool and all, but it just does not match the games of nes/snes era. The wii u is not doing as well as expected so far. I think nintendo should just stick to the handhelds mainly, and make software for sony and ms
---
Now playing-DMC
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#20ADHDguitarPosted 2/7/2013 6:03:37 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
Mindwipe77 posted...

yeah this wii stuff is cool and all, but it just does not match the games of nes/snes era. The wii u is not doing as well as expected so far. I think nintendo should just stick to the handhelds mainly, and make software for sony and ms

GCN sold pretty poorly, that didn't stop them.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2