Word from one of the Rayman Legends Devs

#1Virus66Posted 2/7/2013 5:37:47 PM(edited)
I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decision taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that s****y

Translated from the original language, so excuse the bad English!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47447211#post47447211
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#2AsuirPosted 2/7/2013 5:36:57 PM(edited)
The English completely deteriorates at the end leading me to cast doubt on the validity of this post.

Edit: Didn't realize it was a translation from Spanish.
---
Ftw!
#3Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:38:29 PM
Yeah, I edited the OP to reflect that. It came from one of their official Spanish sites according to the person who posted it.
---
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4SSJMarioPosted 2/7/2013 5:39:36 PM
I blame Mr. Caffeine
---
PSN=bowserkick
NNID = Fighters_of_Foo
#5TrstTheLordPosted 2/7/2013 5:40:08 PM
Way to go Ubisoft, you pissed off your developers.
---
Got married May 23,2009
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org Save thePolarBears!
#6mkfreddddiPosted 2/7/2013 5:41:25 PM
oh hey we couldnt finish the game so you know what were going to do? waste more time porting it and adding more stuff instead of finishing it. im all for more content, but if they couldnt finish the original version on time, they shouldnt be wasting time on extras. they could release the wii u version and give the extra stuff as free DLC later on
---
PROUD supporter of NINTENDO, microsoft, and sony
--PSN & NNiD: UNTAIM3D_3MP3RR, Live: UNTAIM3D 3MP3RR
#7SSJMarioPosted 2/7/2013 5:42:34 PM
Way to go Ubisoft, you pissed off your developers.

I was going to say they'll get over it after getting paid, but the first game really didn't sell that great. My friend works at Gearbox and was on the Borderlands 2 team. The whole team split like 17 million...not evenly, but it's still going to be a lot.
---
PSN=bowserkick
NNID = Fighters_of_Foo
#8jmichaelbpPosted 2/7/2013 5:43:59 PM
I'm going to feel sorry for the dev team, because when it finally icomes out, it most likely won't sell very well because of GTA5.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#9Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:46:39 PM
Yeah, it really seems like even Montpelier devs got effed over pretty bad by the bigwigs. Told to work harder and faster to make it by the deadline. Their reward? Now they have to spend another 6 months for no reason and probably not have their game sell at all.
---
#10gmaster 2674Posted 2/7/2013 5:48:26 PM
I wish I hadn't been listening to the new version of Dearly Beloved while reading this. Now I feel really terrible. Still a really bad decision on the higher-ups' part. Releasing on September's gonna be a bad idea with GTA5 right around the corner.
---
Happy alt of Banjo2553!