Word from one of the Rayman Legends Devs

#11Swan3624Posted 2/7/2013 6:49:05 PM
SSJMario posted...
Way to go Ubisoft, you pissed off your developers.

I was going to say they'll get over it after getting paid, but the first game really didn't sell that great. My friend works at Gearbox and was on the Borderlands 2 team. The whole team split like 17 million...not evenly, but it's still going to be a lot.

And that has to do with this topic, how exactly?
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#12andrea987Posted 2/7/2013 6:53:35 PM
mkfreddddi posted...
oh hey we couldnt finish the game so you know what were going to do? waste more time porting it and adding more stuff instead of finishing it. im all for more content, but if they couldnt finish the original version on time, they shouldnt be wasting time on extras. they could release the wii u version and give the extra stuff as free DLC later on

What part of "it's not our decision" did you not comprehend? Devs are one thing, publishers are another.
You should say that to Ubisoft, not the dev team.
How can you not agree with the guy, especially when he's talking about the industry at the end. And judging by the stupid troll topics flourishing today, I think it's not only the industry, but the fans of the industry as well. I'm a gaming fan, I wouldn't want any company or any console to 'fail' because they're not acting the way I want. To see people happy because they think (it's not, really, but they can't see it) a console is failing (same with the Vita, mind) is just disheartening.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#13Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:56:46 PM
andrea987 posted...
mkfreddddi posted...
oh hey we couldnt finish the game so you know what were going to do? waste more time porting it and adding more stuff instead of finishing it. im all for more content, but if they couldnt finish the original version on time, they shouldnt be wasting time on extras. they could release the wii u version and give the extra stuff as free DLC later on

What part of "it's not our decision" did you not comprehend? Devs are one thing, publishers are another.
You should say that to Ubisoft, not the dev team.
How can you not agree with the guy, especially when he's talking about the industry at the end. And judging by the stupid troll topics flourishing today, I think it's not only the industry, but the fans of the industry as well. I'm a gaming fan, I wouldn't want any company or any console to 'fail' because they're not acting the way I want. To see people happy because they think (it's not, really, but they can't see it) a console is failing (same with the Vita, mind) is just disheartening.

Agreed. It's one of the hard choices to make now too. Part of me wants to not buy the game, because then the publisher will think they can pull this complete BS more often and you will be supporting such practices. But then the other part of me looks at Ubisoft Montpelier now with this and sees how hard they were working and got f***ed over... and on top of that people may be boycotting that game which will cause the studio to not see the success with the game that they rightfully deserve. Is it entirely fair?
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#14firecrush6Posted 2/7/2013 7:00:05 PM
Virus66 posted...

Agreed. It's one of the hard choices to make now too. Part of me wants to not buy the game, because then the publisher will think they can pull this complete BS more often and you will be supporting such practices. But then the other part of me looks at Ubisoft Montpelier now with this and sees how hard they were working and got f***ed over... and on top of that people may be boycotting that game which will cause the studio to not see the success with the game that they rightfully deserve. Is it entirely fair?

Yeah i'm actually in this exact situation as well. I don't want support the higher-up's decision to do this but I want to support that people who actually worked to make this game.
---
Blazblue:CS Makoto, Arakune. SSF4: Makoto, Hakan.
GT- Kallinx
#15elheberPosted 2/7/2013 7:12:49 PM
F***ing Ubisoft. They're one of the few big publishers I actually like. I hate it when fans and developers get the short end most of all. I often buy games just because I like the developers as people. HVS games, WayForward games, etc. only based on the developer's love for making games. It hurts me to see this enthusiasm destroyed.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#16Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:36:53 PM
elheber posted...
F***ing Ubisoft. They're one of the few big publishers I actually like. I hate it when fans and developers get the short end most of all. I often buy games just because I like the developers as people. HVS games, WayForward games, etc. only based on the developer's love for making games. It hurts me to see this enthusiasm destroyed.

yep, it's hard to support the developers only when you know the publisher is the one you are really supporting in this case...
---
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#17TerotrousPosted 2/7/2013 7:59:11 PM
Well this pretty much confirms that you can't support this move without looking like a jerk now.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#18Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:01:45 PM
Terotrous posted...
Well this pretty much confirms that you can't support this move without looking like a jerk now.

Mhm. Pretty much
---
#19WingedRegentPosted 2/7/2013 8:05:37 PM

If legit, then yeah, but on the other hand, as mentioned earlier, supporting the game also supports the devs who worked on it, and we've seen time and again lately how a game not selling results in the developers losing their jobs rather than any repercussions on the publisher. Makes the publisher look bad, sure, but it's still a working publisher in some fashion. Hell, out of the whole thing with THQ, the real victims there were the devs, and specifically, Vigil and the Darksiders Team.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#20TerotrousPosted 2/7/2013 8:10:23 PM
WingedRegent posted...
If legit, then yeah, but on the other hand, as mentioned earlier, supporting the game also supports the devs who worked on it

I meant saying "this delay / multiplatform move is good news", not necessarily supporting the game.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery