Apparently Rayman devs are not happy with the higher ups...

#11lazycomplifePosted 2/7/2013 7:50:56 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
ixoria posted...
without those higher ups they wouldn't exist in the first place.

Without game devs Ubisoft wouldn't exist.

Without us, game devs wouldn't exist.

Go us.
---
Call of duty on the wiiu right now is saving the wiiu, and anyone that complain is doesnt know anything. -marioparty17
Official Swinub of Pokemon X/Y boards
#12fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:52:04 PM
lazycomplife posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
ixoria posted...

Without game devs Ubisoft wouldn't exist.

Without us, game devs wouldn't exist.

Go us.

touche
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#13Arok2092Posted 2/7/2013 7:53:42 PM
This sucks. But I'm still gonna get the game, now more than ever to support the devs. I'll be getting it on the WiiU unless it comes to the Vita because I thought Origins was phenomenal on the Vita.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#14G1ingyPosted 2/7/2013 7:56:42 PM(edited)
On one hand you want to buy it because a few people really did genuinely work hard and rely on the game selling to make a living.

On the other hand, buying it means I'm supporting the decision to do what they did.

ixoria posted...

It works the other way too bud.

Without the people who actually worked hard on the game, the higher ups wouldn't exist either.
#15darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 8:00:38 PM
I personally wasn't interested in the game, and likely wasn't going to buy it (at the very least, I'd wait until it was in a bargain bin). That being said, this pretty much guarantees I won't be buying any Ubisoft games for quite some time. Telling your employees that their hard work for over a year is wasted because they're going to delay the launch for seven months mere weeks before the game was supposed to launch isn't something I can support. Neither is giving that kind of a middle finger to customers who had already pre-ordered your game, which was one of the most anticipated games of a new console's launch.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#16UmitenchoPosted 2/7/2013 8:01:26 PM
That is some really bad damage control if it is. They just admitted that the game is ready for a WiiU release.
#17darkjedilinkPosted 2/7/2013 8:01:39 PM
HeaderHog posted...
Wait, wait wait wait.

They had a game fully ready for release on one console, and they decide, instead of releasing it on one console and waiting to release it on the other ones, they decide to delay all the releases for a game which has its advertisements on word of mouth.

Yep. Makes perfect sense.

Don't forget about rendering all of that mandatory holiday overtime completely pointless.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#18ixoriaPosted 2/7/2013 8:03:37 PM
G1ingy posted...
On one hand you want to buy it because a few people really did genuinely work hard and rely on the game selling to make a living.

On the other hand, buying it means I'm supporting the decision to do what they did.

ixoria posted...

It works the other way too bud.

Without the people who actually worked hard on the game, the higher ups wouldn't exist either.

not really, they could just hire another devs lol.
#19HeaderHogPosted 2/7/2013 8:03:49 PM
And this is why indie games are always better than mainstream games, folks.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#20cavebear56Posted 2/7/2013 8:06:55 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
How dare they do all that hard work for free!

What? They get paid to work on the game? Oh.

Really it is this.

Unless they don't get paid until the game releases, or they aren't paid extra for making ports for the PS3/360 then that IS an issue as somehow I highly doubt they make money off of "games sold". (I have no idea, I work in business but not in game development. I just crunch numbers in a tedious and mind numbing existence).

The feelings of the dev team is irrelevant. This comes off purely as a way to try and appeal to the sympathy of those that are now choosing not to buy the game.

Ubisoft is handling this moronically. No bleeding heart story from the devs will change this fact. To the devs (assuming in a naive way that the post was sincere) hope they learn from it.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.