Apparently Rayman devs are not happy with the higher ups...

#31blankempathyPosted 2/8/2013 5:19:27 AM
lazycomplife posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
Btw the petition is over 1000 sigs in less than 12 hours. http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-s-a-keep-to-the-original-rayman-legends-release-date-for-the-wii-u#share

Really? What's the status on the Dark Souls 2 petition? Y'all won right?

Oh like when the dark souls for pc petition didnt win right? Oh wait....
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#321337toothbrushPosted 2/8/2013 5:24:35 AM
Yeah, but PC is actually a significant platform.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/nowsaving-1.png
#33blankempathyPosted 2/8/2013 5:33:15 AM
1337toothbrush posted...
Yeah, but PC is actually a significant platform.

At the same time that doesn't determine how well a game will do sales wise. They had more reasons not to bring it over to the pc then to bring it. They gambled and were successful all things considering.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#34scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 6:14:01 AM
Anyone boycotting over this... I don't even know what to say. It isn't Ubi's fault the system is a graveyard. Yes, the delay is stupid, but the game will still be great, it won't become somehow worse due to the delay. You're just hurting the hardworking developers who have no say in this, and making Wii U look bad when yet another game underperforms.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#3540DribylfPosted 2/8/2013 6:17:33 AM
Anyone boycotting over this... I don't even know what to say. It isn't Ubi's fault the system is a graveyard. Yes, the delay is stupid, but the game will still be great, it won't become somehow worse due to the delay. You're just hurting the hardworking developers who have no say in this, and making Wii U look bad when yet another game underperforms.

Mmm, I wouldn't say I'm boycitting

Around that time, there will be better, more worthwhile games I'd rather spend $60 on. And then new consoles are coming out.

I had an itch in my pocket now. Come September, I'll be looking for, and buying, other things.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#36nonexistingheroPosted 2/8/2013 6:19:28 AM
ixoria posted...
G1ingy posted...
On one hand you want to buy it because a few people really did genuinely work hard and rely on the game selling to make a living.

On the other hand, buying it means I'm supporting the decision to do what they did.

ixoria posted...
without those higher ups they wouldn't exist in the first place.

It works the other way too bud.

Without the people who actually worked hard on the game, the higher ups wouldn't exist either.

not really, they could just hire another devs lol.

That's not really the issue the devs have. They have worked hard on the game for a long time. They feel screwed over by the companies decision (well, many at least). The gamers feel screwed over as well. Even so, they are still devs and they put in a lot of hard work in the game, so obviously, it would make them sad if people decided to not buy the Wii U version at all because your superior decided to be an ass.

Not everything is a conspiracy or corporate damage control, you know. While I really don't support what Ubisoft is doing, I do have symphathy for the devs.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#37TerotrousPosted 2/8/2013 6:22:10 AM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
How dare they do all that hard work for free!

What? They get paid to work on the game? Oh.

The #1 thing everyone tells you about being a game developer is that the pay totally sucks, it's much less than other jobs in the industry. They probably weren't paid overtime for all those extra hours they put in, either.

Uhh, yeah, it kind of is. This will obviously hurt Wii U sales. But more than that, it's simply a stupid decision not to release the full game when it's done and invite all of this bad press.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#38jairusmonillasPosted 2/8/2013 6:26:04 AM
Terotrous posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
How dare they do all that hard work for free!

What? They get paid to work on the game? Oh.

The #1 thing everyone tells you about being a game developer is that the pay totally sucks, it's much less than other jobs in the industry. They probably weren't paid overtime for all those extra hours they put in, either.

Uhh, yeah, it kind of is. This will obviously hurt Wii U sales. But more than that, it's simply a stupid decision not to release the full game when it's done and invite all of this bad press.

It'll be more stupid to release it on Wii U now. PS3 and 360 will feel like its a weak port from the weak wii u and therefore ignore it once it gets ported VERY LATE. so it was the best decision to just delay Wii U and release it together with PS3 and 360.
#39lipnox88Posted 2/8/2013 6:31:04 AM
i bet legends will sell really poorly on all systems because of this announcement and I imagine all ubisoft wii U games to have poor sales now.
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,
#40SoaringDivePosted 2/8/2013 6:31:42 AM
They were probably really proud of their work and were excited for the world to experience their piece of art and inspiration. But nope, instead Ubisoft decides to make the game go completely under by putting it head to head with GTA V. It's like Capcom and Megaman.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive